Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 3:43 pm

I like both daytime and nighttime, for different reasons. I feel safer walking around during the day, while at the same time, it's cooler in the night, and the sun isn't glaring through my window.

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2010, 4:18 pm

I dont particularly like the sun. Sunlight is to bright so i always have my curtains closed. Though i do like it quite warm (from an english perspective - mid 20C) but not to hot.

My favourite time of "day" is in the evening when the sky is dark blue -i just love it. Its dark and i find the colour completely incredible. i dont know why or cn really explain it, i guess its like when people see a really inspiring view or landscape or something like that.i can stare up at it for hours at a time - if i had the time :(

Faelan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2010, 4:21 pm

Wuffles wrote:
I don't like the heat. It makes me feel physically sick very fast and don't even talk to me about sunburn...
That's not the reason that I prefer the night though.
--I typically sleep from 4am till noon and that seems to be natural for me. I've been in plenty of jobs that forced me to reset to regular hours and as soon as they're over, the very next night, I'm back to this schedule.
--The night is quiet. There are no people. I can relax in the night. I wish the days were that way.

If left to my own devices, the 4am to noon sleeping pattern is what I'll end up adopting as well. Not only do I mentally feel better at night, but it's as if my body wants it as well. I rarely have trouble falling asleep at 2-4am but anything before that and I'm often greeted with insomnia or just mediocre sleep at best. Unfortunately, I really need sleep to perform and pretend to be relatively normal in an all too alien world at times. This has resulted serious hardship throughout most of my adult life and one case of addiction to sleep medication, all thanks to a shrink who seems a little too happy about pushing pills. I'm still recovering from that one :(

Heat is also something I don't do too well with. It sorta depends on the humidity. If it's dry air, I can usually handle it, assuming temperatures of no more than 30C. If the humidity is way up there, I start feeling sick, my lungs fill with slime and I become cranky as all hell.

As a result, summer is the worst season for me since it can get hot and the nights are short.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 4:24 pm

Why do we need daylight savings time in summer when it's 105 outside and stays daylight until nine in the evening, anyway. Daylight only really bothers me in summer, I am very light sensitive and hardly ever turn on any lights.
It makes more sense to have daylight savings time in winter when the days are shorter anyway. They got it ass backwards!

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 4:58 pm

Ahhhh! The sun makes me turn to dust. The sun hurts my eyes and I've always found it easier to sleep in the day time and can't stay alseep for more than an hour or two at night. I function much better at night than I do in the day time. When I was younger, I would become wide awake as soon as it got dark, my mom always told me I was like a cat. As an adult, I am constantaly groggy in the day and wake up around night only to be told it's time for bed. I think that's just the way my body works. I am nocternal.

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 7:04 pm

"The sun sucks." --Butt-Head

I like night better because of the quiet (well, people-quiet, anyway--the bugs can get quite loud).

It is far easier to kindle light to extinguish darkness than to kindle dark to extinguish lightness.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 7:10 pm

I enjoy the sun on my face now and then because I know its beneficial, both for vitiman D and mood.

I enjoy night also but I don't like being stuck inside and shops being closed.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 11:15 pm

Since I was a teenager I've always had a romantic attraction to the nighttime. There's something really wonderful about being awake while the rest of the world sleeps. It's so quiet and dark and peaceful.

Going out at night to bars is another story, but that also has its draw.

The night just feels more powerful and passionate to me.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 11:27 pm

yeah, it depends really. Usually I prefer the night because the sun is down, BUT, I do crave going to the beach during the day to swim. Yes, I somehow think I was a dolphin in a previous life, If I dont go swimming often enough I do go neurotic and become a bit ill. I also have to drink water on a constant basis. Some days I can easily go through a few gallons.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 11:36 pm

Another night person here! I like the night for all the reasons mentioned so far; in addition to that, I also feel more creative at night; that is when I can get my best ideas. I also tend to slip into the 4 am- 11:00 schedule, or 3 am to 10:00 (I usually sleep around 7 hours). Unfortunately, when I have to get up early for work, I still tend to go to sleep too late, so I just end up sleeping less. :(

I can't say I hate the day though....I'm just naturally more of a night person, that's all.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 11:48 pm

For some reason I tend to think better and clearer when the night has fallen; but since our days are usually filled with noise-induced interruptions of all kinds, I must reserve my nighttime hours for sleeping.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 12:23 am

Yes. I don't know why, but I'm always prone to being agitated and having meltdowns during the afternoon. I reworked my schedule so that I'm awake at my best time (night and early morning) and asleep during my worst. Of course, this poses problems when I have appointments with the doctor and dentist since I have to see them during times when I'm normally sleep, but I think I'm able to cope all right.

Seattle_Chris
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jul 2010, 5:06 am

I love the nights. Left to my own devices I'll stay up until around 02:00. The internet is even faster at night from less congestion. Though I DO love the Sun. Living in Seattle, we only see it for a few weeks a year, so when it's out, I try to spend time in it. Recently I've discovered that camping WAY up in the mountains is the perfect thing. No people even during the day, and it tends to be cooler. Awesomeness! :D

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 6:56 am

Not me, I love the daytime. I get up at around 7 and just like doing things outside and everything. I don't like the nighttime, it's dark and dreary.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 1:22 pm

I do. I don't like the heat, and I get what I like to call the summer blues. I love it past the solstice, when the days start to get shorter. I love it when it's dark out. I have more energy when it's dark, and it's relaxing, too. Oddly, when it's day, I tend to get sleepy. :?

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 5:11 pm

Am I the only Aspie here who loves daylight, and the summertime?

I think the most depressing thought is laying there in the living-room on a lovely sunny day, with the curtains shut, watching telly all day. Ohh, it depresses me. Whenever there is sunlight, I open my curtains as wide as I can, and make sure I'm out in it, whether it's cold or not.

Sunshine chases away my depression.