Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2010, 1:25 pm

I never cared for it, especially in the Summertime when it is hot as Hades outside.

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2010, 1:32 pm

I don't like the heat. It makes me feel physically sick very fast and don't even talk to me about sunburn...
That's not the reason that I prefer the night though.
--I typically sleep from 4am till noon and that seems to be natural for me. I've been in plenty of jobs that forced me to reset to regular hours and as soon as they're over, the very next night, I'm back to this schedule.
--The night is quiet. There are no people. I can relax in the night. I wish the days were that way.

Sefirato
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2010, 1:36 pm

I don't care for the heat either. It is during the summer time that I always look forward to the fall weather that comes up in a couple of months from now. I love the fall weather more than most seasons, and I actually enjoy winter as long as the snow stays on the ground throughout the winter (which is why I love living in Alaska)

Also, I am not nuts about daytime either - I seem to sleep during it most of the times. I guess whenever it's night, it's much quieter, less chaotic and extremely peaceful to be up and about during the night - at least they are for me. It's like you are able to process stuff better because it's coming at you slowly than during the daytime, most likely because of heavy stimulation that are present during the day, both online and offline. It is more painful for me visually because I have to rely on it 100% as I am deaf.

Free-Hinter-System
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2010, 1:46 pm

I love the heat, and usually wear "winter clothing" even in 30*C weather outdoors. But I do dislike the daytime quite a lot, because its so hectic (from a sensory perspective). I never go out during the day without sunglasses. Also, despite my preference for hot weather, I much prefer winter to summer.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 1:52 pm

I don't mind the daytime, per se. I just HATE the heat. I love Autumn, Winter and dusk/nighttime.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 1:52 pm

Free-Hinter-System wrote:
I love the heat, and usually wear "winter clothing" even in 30*C weather outdoors.

Me too! Why should I have to change my clothing preferences just because of the goddamn weather?

Free-Hinter-System
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2010, 2:17 pm

KaiG wrote:
Me too! Why should I have to change my clothing preferences just because of the goddamn weather?

I don't believe in 'temperature'. It's always too cold ^^.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 2:40 pm

I have to have 70-80 degree temps without ANY humidity to be comfortable (yeah humidity is a major sensory issue for me.)

I absolutely hate temps below 45, and snow is my worst enemy. Yeah, I have sensory issues towards low temps as well.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2010, 2:43 pm

Let's separate two issues here: disliking heat and preferring night to day. I'm inclined to think that the more interesting one is the latter. Nights are quieter, fewer people, far less sensory overload. Are they more aspie friendly?

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 2:45 pm

Wuffles wrote:
Let's separate two issues here: disliking heat and preferring night to day. I'm inclined to think that the more interesting one is the latter. Nights are quieter, fewer people, far less sensory overload. Are they more aspie friendly?

I do tend to prefer the night. I seem to become more alive at night, but the negative is that if I am in the mood to do something, the options are much more limited.

Mutt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2010, 3:03 pm

I don't like daytime. I think it may be because it's too bright outside, and too hot. However, I love night time because of the quiet, less people and watching stars, and I like days during winter. Since during winter, it's mostly cloudy and cold, I love it.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 3:05 pm

The moon is just superior to the sun, as well.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 3:18 pm

Wuffles wrote:

Yes, IMO. I hate being assaulted by daylight and people when I leave the house. I know I sound like an A-HOLE but it really makes me uncomfortable, I just feel violated somehow.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 3:22 pm

Not a fan of daylight at all and I am up all night.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 3:29 pm

Mixed feelings. I prefer the dark. Bright light hurts my eyes. However, there is something about daylight that makes it nice. I'd hate to only be up at night.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 3:43 pm

I like both daytime and nighttime, for different reasons. I feel safer walking around during the day, while at the same time, it's cooler in the night, and the sun isn't glaring through my window.