Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jerojas87
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2010, 7:39 am

Post your favorite scene. Also, write the reason why it's your favorite.

My favorite scene is from the recent Quentin Tarantino film Inglorious Bastards: the opening scene where Hans Landa or the "Jew Hunter" interrogates the french man. The scene is very long and psychologically intense. I like how the Landa has it may seem in the beginning of the interrogation is genuinely uncertain concerning the where abouts of the Jewish family hiding under the house. Her remains formal and kind to the french man and his family. I seems as though the french man is entirely under control of the situation and is well composed in his attempt to conceal the truth. But as the Landa continues to inquire, slowly the french man's calm facade begins to wear away. Landa uses metaphors as a way indirectly suggest that he already aware of the truth, and that the french man is lying. The french man loses his composure and finally gives in and tells Landa where he is hiding the family. The transition of psychological control from the frenchman to Landa is subtle, so subtle that it may even go unnoticed. It is a battle of the minds, and the french man is defeated by Landa's superior intellect.

Sorry, I couldn't get the actual scene. I guess this is a trailer with a part of it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktwy7FmN4h4[/youtube]

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 10:57 am

I think my favorite Tarantino scene was from Reservoir Dogs, where the psychotic Mr. Blond (Michael Madsen) has the cop named Nash he captured and brought back to the warehouse tied to a chair, and is dancing around him to a memorable sixties song (name I can't remember!), intermittently slashing him and even cutting off his ear with a straight razor. His cohorts, Harvey Keitel and Steve Buscemi, have left him alone to watch this cop and their wounded partner Tim Roth, in order to retrieve stolen diamonds.
"Was it as good for you as it was for me?" Blond asks. Already, he had promised the cop all he could hope for was a quick death, which wasn't going to happen.
Blond goes out to his car and retrieves a gas can. He splashes the cop with gasoline, which causes him to wince in agony.
"Sting a little?" Blond asks.
The cop begs for his life - "Please don't do this... I have a little girl."
"Are you done? Are you done?" Blond lights up a match, when an eruption of gun fire rips into his body. Tim Roth (an undercover cop posing as a professional robber), who had been gut shot during the off screen jewelry heist, and pretty much forgotten by both Blond and the audience during this intense scene, is sitting up, drenched in his own blood, his automatic pistol blazing away.
With a look of astonishment, a bloody Mr. Blond drops to a seated position, then falls backward dead.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jul 2010, 4:15 am

Too many to name, but the scene with Hans Landa and the french farmer is definitely one of them, as is the scene in Pulp Fiction when Uma Thurman's character is dancing after they get back from the restaurant and before the overdose. I love that!

Psychopompos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 7:11 am

Seriously :
- the café in a basement (Inglourious Basterds)
- how to clean a car where you blew off a guy's head (Pulp Fiction)

Alum dare, dolere, id Hephaestus, id ire / Pro profundis fati / Pro pulchris infernarum profundis / Pro pulchris omni fati brachium / Pulchris profundis infernarum servi fati / Profundis, profundis fati

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 12:28 pm

a) "The Bet" from the film "Four Rooms"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaYDLIswEV4&feature=related[/youtube]

b) The scene from Kill Bill where The Bride wants to order sushi...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txiR1Nzrzng[/youtube]