Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

nara44
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 1:05 am

NeantHumain wrote:
nara44 wrote:
Keeno wrote:

Yet it's not just me, it's probably the more independent, self-reliant Aspie in general, as I know a number of Aspies who seem to fit this politically liberal, socially conservative pattern.

I have been suspecting for a long time that conservative women are best for Aspies and maybe this is one reason why.

Independence and,self-reliance probably linked in some ways to strong moral bone and strong convictions which probably balance the very challenging sensory experience that's part of being autistic

I'm a pretty independent-minded person, and I definitely more sexual openness than less, but then again, I don't associate sexuality in itself with shame the way our culture seems to condition most people into feeling about it (such an ambivalence! shame at its expression but a constant exhibitionism!). I'm perfectly fine with sex outside a relationship although I'd prefer sex within a relationship. I don't mind people of different sexual orientations and tastes so long as they're not inflicting harm upon others (consensual BDSM notwithstanding). I'm personally not a wild, partying type, but I unabashedly like sex.

My politics lean liberal.

Sure,That's quite similar to my take on this rather complicated matter,i'm very aware of the ambivalence and double standards inherent in the traditional take on sex and i can even identify it is the source of lots of our past and current society wrongs,Gay rights,abortions ,BDSM ... i see all those things as a very positive way to explore deeper into our sexuality,i am "obsessed" with sex and was never shy about it,
actually i feel that the description u gave fits many Aspies because being really sexy is being really monogamous as true intimacy and trust and deeper knowledge that come from a truly shared time together is the gateway to the most amazing sex,
There is no sex like sex with the one u love and real creativity and deeper understanding of reality and yourself can only come from the integration between passion and love,
By describing my self as conservative toward inter malathion i didn't mean that i'm one of the people who preaches modesty or shoving my nose to other people business or way of life
To me, the approach of every thing goes and complete openness is the only road to the miracle of true monogamous relationship
i completely agree with you as there is no doubt that our culture phoniness toward this delicate subject is very appalling ,ridiculous and the source of some of the nastiest aspects of the public life
That's why i commented earlier that conservative women is not for me
only a true liberal in public can be privatively conservative with out being phony