Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 6:15 pm

bewarethebob wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You are the Plan B guy , OP.

from what ive gathered yeah, but the question is; how moral is being the plan B guy? why would she even need one? should she not be focusing on her current relationship?

She might has a Plan C guy too.

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 6:22 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
bewarethebob wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

from what ive gathered yeah, but the question is; how moral is being the plan B guy? why would she even need one? should she not be focusing on her current relationship?

Hence why I dont want to be plan b, and have nothing to do with her failings in her relationship.

I think it is kind of odd that she is planning for her relationship to fail, and thus need another man.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 11:41 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
bewarethebob wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

GENIUS!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 11:52 am

billsmithglendale wrote:
bewarethebob wrote:
recently, she just admitted to me she has cheated before. Sure, I try not to judge, but after reading all of the posts here, I cant help but think that you are right bill. that even though she tells me amazig things about her bf, she may be wanting to move on.

To me, this is a warning sign. I myself have been a cheater, and it really does make me less trustworthy to the person I'm with. I've done it to her twice, and there's always this nagging worry with her that I will do it again. I wouldn't trust a woman who makes a habit of cheating. I might have a fling (and have) with a woman who cheats, but I would use protection and not trust her with anything too important.

To me, and this is just my opinion, a cheating woman is even less trustworthy than a cheating man. I think men cheat for stupid reasons like sex and looks. Women tend (here's a big generalization again) to cheat for bigger, deeper reasons. They are mad at you, dissatisfied, or find something better about the other person. Btw, when I cheated, it was a combo of opportunity and also from some very tough challenges in our marriage. I was forgiven - not everyone is.

Here's a little factoid to chew on -- 10% of all children that men think are theirs aren't, meaning that the woman got pregnant by someone else and passed it off as the guy's kid (to those of us in the U.S., this is a very familiar plotline from the Maury Povich show). Scary! 8O Source for this is the book Spermwars, though I have seen the same figure in other works.

[edited for spelling]

the argument about why women cheat is not only untrue a great deal of the time, but also attempts to excuse your own actions, because you have attempted to make men's supposed reasons for cheating seem less important or significant than women's. the end result of either men or women is that same - people screwing around on each other and hurting their partners, no matter what the reason.

there is a double-standard that you would not trust a woman who cheats, but you think you deserve a third chance. you proved yourself especially untrustworthy because you didn't make a single bad mistake, but you chose to do so again. i'd say that qualifies you to be as untrustworthy as any other cheater, regardless of their reason for doing so, regardless of gender.

it is indeed shocking that many children are not the offspring of the dad who raises them, but don't try to blame this only on the mother. who was having sex with a woman who was in another relationship to begin with? some guy with no qualms. you yourself said that you would have sex with a cheater, and who is to say that you couldn't father a child who would then be raised by another man because you chose to have sex with a committed woman? this is how it happens.

plus, so many committed men also father children by another woman. your different rules and judgements for men and women seem like excuses for your own behaviour.

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 2:05 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
billsmithglendale wrote:
bewarethebob wrote:
recently, she just admitted to me she has cheated before. Sure, I try not to judge, but after reading all of the posts here, I cant help but think that you are right bill. that even though she tells me amazig things about her bf, she may be wanting to move on.

To me, this is a warning sign. I myself have been a cheater, and it really does make me less trustworthy to the person I'm with. I've done it to her twice, and there's always this nagging worry with her that I will do it again. I wouldn't trust a woman who makes a habit of cheating. I might have a fling (and have) with a woman who cheats, but I would use protection and not trust her with anything too important.

To me, and this is just my opinion, a cheating woman is even less trustworthy than a cheating man. I think men cheat for stupid reasons like sex and looks. Women tend (here's a big generalization again) to cheat for bigger, deeper reasons. They are mad at you, dissatisfied, or find something better about the other person. Btw, when I cheated, it was a combo of opportunity and also from some very tough challenges in our marriage. I was forgiven - not everyone is.

Here's a little factoid to chew on -- 10% of all children that men think are theirs aren't, meaning that the woman got pregnant by someone else and passed it off as the guy's kid (to those of us in the U.S., this is a very familiar plotline from the Maury Povich show). Scary! 8O Source for this is the book Spermwars, though I have seen the same figure in other works.

[edited for spelling]

the argument about why women cheat is not only untrue a great deal of the time, but also attempts to excuse your own actions, because you have attempted to make men's supposed reasons for cheating seem less important or significant than women's. the end result of either men or women is that same - people screwing around on each other and hurting their partners, no matter what the reason.

there is a double-standard that you would not trust a woman who cheats, but you think you deserve a third chance. you proved yourself especially untrustworthy because you didn't make a single bad mistake, but you chose to do so again. i'd say that qualifies you to be as untrustworthy as any other cheater, regardless of their reason for doing so, regardless of gender.

it is indeed shocking that many children are not the offspring of the dad who raises them, but don't try to blame this only on the mother. who was having sex with a woman who was in another relationship to begin with? some guy with no qualms. you yourself said that you would have sex with a cheater, and who is to say that you couldn't father a child who would then be raised by another man because you chose to have sex with a committed woman? this is how it happens.

plus, so many committed men also father children by another woman. your different rules and judgements for men and women seem like excuses for your own behaviour.

thank you hyper.