American Women vs UK Women, Europeans, and non-Americans

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 11:51 pm

I wouldn't mind dating a UK girl. :)

I don't really think American women are bitchy... but sometimes I do get the impression that many are quite materialistic.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 5:11 am

I live in Japan and there is a HUGE difference between the women here and American/Brit/Canadian etc. women.

In Japan women are expected to be rather demure and feminine and even childlike. Cute is valued here over sexy. I think, also, a woman's opinion doesn't count for much so many of the girls I've met are pretty damn boring (IMO). The only interesting ones I know are gay so, because they don't fit into standard Japanese society, I guess they just don't care.

I'm an American and I'm in no way a b***h. But I AM highly opinionated and vulgar. I come off more like a 15 yr. old boy than a 30 yr. old female. So, here in Japan, I totally don't fit in.

Leon_Trotsky
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Nov 2019, 11:36 pm

I have heard from Canadians that even Canadians in general are not as picky. For example, where I am, it is a big taboo for a White woman (and even women of any race) to be with a man of Oriental descent (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese, Lao, Thai, Indonesian, etc.) Yet I have heard that this taboo does not exist in Canada. Or if it does exist, to a much less extent than in USA. Is this true?

Regarding the UK, I am an American who studied in Britain. My only experience is my own anecdotal empiricism. I noticed that women in the UK seemed to like me more than here in USA. Whether this holds as a rule, who knows, I am just stating what I experienced.

Going into continental Europe, I felt that in general, according to only my own experiences, women in continental European countries, especially the Latin ones (Catalonia, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, etc.) that they seemed more open and more interested than back home in USA. I am not sure if because I look different than many of the people there. But it helped a lot that I can speak all of the languages of those countries, so there was no linguistic barrier.

Again, whether this is a rule or not, I cannot affirm. This is just based on anecdotal empiricism from my own experiences.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 12:36 am

Behold! The undead thread awakes after aeons of slumber!

Leon_Trotsky
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Nov 2019, 12:52 am

I just realised that the year was 2010. For some reason I saw July 2019. I probably need to update my glasses...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 1:40 am

Leon_Trotsky wrote:
I have heard from Canadians that even Canadians in general are not as picky. For example, where I am, it is a big taboo for a White woman (and even women of any race) to be with a man of Oriental descent (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese, Lao, Thai, Indonesian, etc.) Yet I have heard that this taboo does not exist in Canada. Or if it does exist, to a much less extent than in USA. Is this true?

Regarding the UK, I am an American who studied in Britain. My only experience is my own anecdotal empiricism. I noticed that women in the UK seemed to like me more than here in USA. Whether this holds as a rule, who knows, I am just stating what I experienced.

Going into continental Europe, I felt that in general, according to only my own experiences, women in continental European countries, especially the Latin ones (Catalonia, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, etc.) that they seemed more open and more interested than back home in USA. I am not sure if because I look different than many of the people there. But it helped a lot that I can speak all of the languages of those countries, so there was no linguistic barrier.

Again, whether this is a rule or not, I cannot affirm. This is just based on anecdotal empiricism from my own experiences.

You speak 6 languages? What are you, Google Translate?

Leon_Trotsky
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Nov 2019, 1:48 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You speak 6 languages? What are you, Google Translate?

More than six. And better than Google Translate. I am a written translator.

Not like it matters, no one here where I live really considers it a plus anyway.

Last edited by Leon_Trotsky on 20 Nov 2019, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 1:49 am

He’s very linguistically accomplished.

I doubt Trotsky himself could speak six languages.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 1:50 am

I consider it a plus.

I consider it a minus if you brag about it, though.

(I’m not saying you are bragging about it).

I’m linguistically challenged, in a relative sense.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 2:05 am

Besides Inqles hablo solomente uno poquito de Espanol.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 4:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I doubt Trotsky himself could speak six languages.

Most say he spoke 5 languages, but I bet he knew at least some Yiddish.

Leon_Trotsky
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Nov 2019, 4:50 am

And I am sure that he spoke enough Spanish to have Frida Kahlo as a girlfriend.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 7:52 am

Leon_Trotsky wrote:

If there is a taboo I am not aware of it. I know of plenty of interracial couples (including the example you mentioned) and I am not aware of anybody who would even bat an eye to it. Having said that, things might be different in the more rural areas as this is a big and diverse country. I do find (living in a city with a large number of immigrants) that the young women born and raised here are far more stuck up than their foreign counterparts though. I also noticed that when I was in university all the female attention I got (not much) was always from international students.

Breanbyurn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Nov 2019, 8:30 am

Such a behavior of females (in actually the entire population, even if to different degrees) is the result of an increasing level of domestication. What they call the "Domestication Syndrome" explains this; the related trait is called neotenous (juvenile) behavior. (The related study is here: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4096361/ )

Image: intelligentpeopleforum.com/attachments/traits-domestication-syndrome-mammals-jpg.110

Another such trait of domestication is the smaller brain or cranial capacity. This in turn results in an overall lower (and continually declining) intelligence. (The related study is here: sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0160289614000841 )

Image: intelligentpeopleforum.com/attachments/declining-intelligence-since-1800s-jpg.72

As to why certain areas have relatively stronger development of such traits, it can be explained by the relative local differences in (the lack of) evolutional pressure. The lower it is, the more prominent the above described traits will be.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 11:20 am

^ Are you talking about pigeons?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 5:59 pm

IDK if women in other countries proudly display bumper stickers on their car that say b***h or might even wear a t-shirt like that.

I find that to be trashy, but I do see it here in the U.S.A and I don't really get it...idk maybe they mean it literally and think they are dogs rather than human women.