Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

hellopuppy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2010, 3:25 pm

Just wondering what everyone's plans are for today/this weekend. Anyone else dislike weekends? Do you map out your weekend routine and hate when your plans get interrupted or changed?

I am planning to do homework, read, and run errands. I am dreading the possibility of invitations to "hang out" or "party" which is inevitable for even the least outgoing college student, it seems.

Edited to add: I also want to rent a movie. Any suggestions?

Last edited by hellopuppy on 31 Jul 2010, 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 3:27 pm

Mine has gone ok so far. I had lunch with my family, and I am supposed to go out to eat tonight.

Last night, I went with my film group to see the movie "Breathless", the 1960 classic by Jean-Luc Godard, at the Museum of Fine Arts, then we had dinner at Cafe Express.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

hellopuppy

31 Jul 2010, 3:33 pm

Sounds like a good day, although after lunch with my family, I am usually not in the mood for more socializing haha.

Oh, love Godard! The last of his films I watched was "Woman is a Woman" and I liked it a lot. I'm not sure if I'm in a Godard mood tonight but a French film would be nice... maybe Amelie for the millionth time (one of my favorites, highly recommended!)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 4:30 pm

Amelie is another good one, as is A Man and a Woman.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 5:15 pm

been sick for how long now, so im gonna do the usual and just sleep through it. :/

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 6:42 pm

I've been busy all day and now am exhausted. My parents and my uncle came over and we moved in furniture and replaced the old ones. I had a meltdown in the car and had to stop so it took us longer to get to the grocery store, we stopped at Fred Meyers to buy bus passes and to use my gift card I got for my birthday and then we went grocery shopping and came home and my husband tried his game out while I tried mine out we got from Gamefly. Then we left again to rent movies and we came home again and started watching South Park seasons 13 I got with my gift card.

Tonight my parents and my aunt and uncle are coming over again and we are doing to have dinner and a movie.

hellopuppy

01 Aug 2010, 11:18 am

What movie did you end up watching, League_Girl? I ended up watching unsatisfying bits and pieces of movies on TV (the Matrix, Bridget Jones's Diary), Only because I didn't want to watch my Amelie DVD on my laptop (I have DVDs but no DVD player)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 1:25 pm

I've been very sick, this weekend. I should really be in bed right now, but being the stubborn rebel that I am, I'm up, posting on WrongPlanet. I need you guys, to convince me to have a nap.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Aug 2010, 2:24 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 2:39 pm

I've been surfing the net, sleeping, (re)watching Ronin and The Big Lewbowski and eating Indian food all weekend.

And my recommendation is: Shocker!! ! - The Big Lewbowski! Think i have seen that movie over 30 times in my life. Bought it on VHS, Got it now on DVD and it will probably be my first Blueray disk...