18 Sep 2010, 11:54 pm

You forgot Bisexual as an option.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 5:30 am

Gehringer wrote:

Yes, many people have said this and it therefore makes this poll pretty stupid. Considering that the statistic for bisexuality for general population is said to be 30%.

Rineva
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Sep 2010, 12:36 pm

rmgh wrote:
Gehringer wrote:

Yes, many people have said this and it therefore makes this poll pretty stupid. Considering that the statistic for bisexuality for general population is said to be 30%.

While I mean not to bash the OP in any way, I don't disagree, either. It is highly problematic how bisexuality is often lambasted and flat-out disregarded; especially by the LGBT community itself.

Also, being transgendered has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Gender identity and sexual orientation are two completely different things. Transgendered people can encompass any sexuality, whether gay, straight, bisexual, pansexual, or otherwise.

That having been said, I'm a guy who has lived with AS for a good chunk of my life (three diagnoses and a fourth evaluation due very soon) and am completely bisexual. While I have had more experiences with men and have been in a relationship with a (very awesome) guy for almost a year and a half now, my attraction to and favor of intimacy with men and women are equal.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 4:25 pm

rmgh wrote:
Gehringer wrote:

Wow...30% huh...here is a link that is possibly outdated, has good info.

http://gaylife.about.com/od/comingout/a/population.htm

Jaydee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Sep 2010, 12:54 pm

Homosexual female. :)

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2010, 7:05 pm

I am a female, and I like men with fatty breasts, inverted waists, and vaginas. :lol:

PlagueEleven
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Sep 2010, 9:01 pm

Genderfluid genderqueer asexual.

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2010, 2:09 am

Hmm... I don't know the answer to that question 100%. I'm either asexual or heterosexual. Not really sure because I'm terrified of the idea of sex but love the female spirit. I also realize what I find attractive is more because of personality traits anyways... so when I find a girl attractive it's usually only after I've gotten to know her. I'm not really sure I get attracted to them physically even though I think they can be pretty. Anyway I hate the feeling because I feel like I dodge relationships even though I'd love to have a companion... I just get scared of the idea that she may eventually want to um... yeah.

...And guys are a big NOOOOO.

PlagueEleven
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Sep 2010, 10:41 am

Talis wrote:
Hmm... I don't know the answer to that question 100%. I'm either asexual or heterosexual. Not really sure because I'm terrified of the idea of sex but love the female spirit. I also realize what I find attractive is more because of personality traits anyways... so when I find a girl attractive it's usually only after I've gotten to know her. I'm not really sure I get attracted to them physically even though I think they can be pretty. Anyway I hate the feeling because I feel like I dodge relationships even though I'd love to have a companion... I just get scared of the idea that she may eventually want to um... yeah.

...And guys are a big NOOOOO.

You could be "grey-a" which is a catchall for for someone who is not completely sexual or asexual.
Possibly even demisexual, which is a person who doesn't experience sexual attraction unless they're in love or know the person well.
Just throwing that out there. :/

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2010, 11:54 am

A bit confused. I can experience sexual attraction, but sex in and of itself doesn't really interest me.

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2010, 1:02 pm

Gay female

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 7:39 pm

Asexual female to male transgender. I do not have the urge to procreate with either gender so this is an impossible question to answer.

I would like to have a life partner. But I need to start inventing and getting my college degree first.

roseblood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2010, 10:53 am

n4mwd wrote:
Well it comes as no surprise that the heterosexuals are in the majority, but what is surprising is that they only have 57% in the aspie world. Its also interesting that asexuals are nearly equal to homosexuals with 14% and 15% respectively. In the NT world, asexuals are only about 1%.

Well, among the general population of Britain, a poll found 1%. We don't know how many of that 1% were NTs, or if the percentages will be the same in every country. There is some evidence of a connection it seems, such as polls like this. IF the 1% figure is accurate and representative across countries, then the fact that among the 150 people answering this poll, 23 people instead of 1 or 2 claim to be asexual suggests there is a big difference between the people answering this poll and the general population. The next question is, are fora like this representative of non-NTs, OR of asexuals in general? Maybe there is a subgroup of people who like me are autistic, asexual, and like Internet fora, who are on here answering these polls, while the great majority of people in each of these three groups are only one of the things.

Andre_br
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Oct 2010, 8:58 am

The amount of people that have really strong belief that sexuality is an option could suggest that indeed the amount of bisexual in population is extremely underrated by most polls. We can't say for sure, thou, those people could be just uninformed due in part to the negative conotation sex have in our society and general tendency to comply to outside expectations. Anyway, most people just don't realize who they are because thinking about something and experimenting it are very different things, still, most go with only their thoughts, or better saying, most go with what they absorved from their friendships, family relations and cultural backgrounding.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 9:06 am

Our Sex orientation is not listed in the poll, our sex orientation is called Angersexuality , we reproduce by f*****g inanimate objects.