YES!! ! 41%  41%  [ 14 ]
NOPE!! ! 32%  32%  [ 11 ]
Oh look, SHEEP! I mean DEATHCLAWS! AAARRRRGGGG!! !! My ribcage! 26%  26%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 34

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 9:23 pm

You want another reason to buy this game?

Wayne Newton is going to be the radio DJ in the game along with several other famous voice actors.

Source:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -New-Vegas

OT; I've already pre-ordered the deluxe edition on PC, so it was only 10 dollars more if I had just bought a normal copy for my ps3

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 11:05 am

GoonSquad wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
1) FNV is built on the Fallout 3 engine with just a few changes.

This is the one thing that makes me nervous about New Vegas :?

when I bought my LAST PC GAME SYSTEM, about 18 months ago, I bought a gateway I7 with a good ATI video card along with Fallout 3 and Mass Effect....

Mass effect was unplayable.... But Fallout 3 played fine on ultimate settings.

I''m too old to dick around with unfinished software. I have to say, Fallout 3 is the closest thing to a finished game I've seen on the PC in a long time!! !

Wow, that came out pretty harsh...

It's just that beta games released as finished product really make me angry! It's the main reason I'm gonna give up PC gaming when my current game rig becomes obsolete. :(

On a happier note, WAYNE FREAKIN' NEWTON!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! :mrgreen:

This is gonna be the COOLEST GAME EVAR!!!1!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 12:52 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Fallout 3 is stable and pretty.

Personally, I think the lighting in that engine(s) looks like (cuss words).

But maybe that's just me :oops:

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 3:01 pm

darkstone100 wrote:
You want another reason to buy this game?

Wayne Newton is going to be the radio DJ in the game along with several other famous voice actors.

Michale Dorn is gonna reprise his role as Marcus the Super Mutant from Fallout 2!! !! THAT is even cooler than Wayne Newton!! ! :D

Now if only Marcus is recruitable...... :twisted:

Silva20contraorder
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Aug 2010, 5:33 pm

Nope but I've pre-ordered fable 3!

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 9:15 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Ambivalence wrote:
Fallout 3 is stable and pretty.

Personally, I think the lighting in that engine(s) looks like (cuss words).

But maybe that's just me :oops:

Have you seen The Shivering Isles? It's the same engine more-or-less, and shows it can be used for a really bright and colourful effect - F3 does tend towards bleached out beige, but it's more design than necessary limitation, I think.

The year is still young.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 12:39 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Have you seen The Shivering Isles?

No, but I'm looking at screenshots right now, and it looks like the same ugly vertex lighting to me *shrugs*

And way too much bloom :x

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 1:01 pm

I'll probably just wait for the Game of the Year edition to come out like I did Oblivion. I've been playing Fallout too death, maybe it's time I took a break. :P

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 3:50 pm

New Vegas Interview <-click! at strategyinformer.com!

Quote:
Strategy Informer: When Bethesda took over the franchise, they obviously had their own 'take' on things. Have you now brought it back to being closer to what it used to be? Or have you stuck more towards Bethesda's image?

Josh Sawyer: One thing that we really tried to bring back was that sense of moral ambiguity with all of the different organisations... there was moral ambiguity in Fallout 3 but we've really emphasised it now. The New Californian Republic are the quote "good" guys, but the more you get to know about them the more you're like "well, actually they're kind of corrupt and incompetent...", some of their high level commanders are terrible people and do terrible things as well. Coming to Caesar's Legion as well, yeah they're a slaving organisation, but there's also some things about them that, whilst are not necessarily 'redeeming', but there are things that are appealing and that make sense.

So we tried to bring that back, and also the reputation system is very important for us. What you do with different groups impacts your standing with them, and gives you a way to understand your position in the overall world, affects how quests open up, how people react to you, in even with minor things. For example, in my latest play through, I started off with a good reputation with the NCR, then I got a bad rep so I was hunted by NCR Rangers who were sent to kill me, and then I got back into their good graces again, and I was walking around one of their camps and one of their soldiers said "at least Caesar's Legion know what side they want to take". And it's this kind of little reactivity to my character that's kind of cool, I have a mixed reputation with this group and they're responding to it. We really tried to emphasise that stuff in the game and we hope people enjoy it.

:D

Very cool!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2010, 1:54 pm

I just got Fallout 3. I'm somewhere between hating and liking Bethesda games. They love to make you walk everywhere which takes up about 10 minutes too much of gameplay time considering how little is actually accomplished with this act and the risk of people like me getting bored of walking in that straight line and trying to find what else is around non-mission related...but I just nuked a town and that was great. Nothing more satisfying than giving a bunch of religion weirdos what they want: the end of their world.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2010, 7:42 pm

skafather84 wrote:
I just got Fallout 3. I'm somewhere between hating and liking Bethesda games. They love to make you walk everywhere which takes up about 10 minutes too much of gameplay time considering how little is actually accomplished with this act and the risk of people like me getting bored of walking in that straight line and trying to find what else is around non-mission related...but I just nuked a town and that was great. Nothing more satisfying than giving a bunch of religion weirdos what they want: the end of their world.

You know you can quick travel right?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2010, 11:12 pm

You can't quick travel to a location until you've discovered that location.

Until you've done quite a bit of exploration you're gonna do a lot of walkin'!

....just part of the game!

Walking does not bother me, but then, I'm having wet dreams about New Vegas HARDCORE MODE too. :twisted:

Scrollin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2010, 6:16 am

I hope Fallout:NV is as much a succes os Fallout 3 but I'm also looking at Brink. I <3 that it uses free-running and parkour as a basis for the bulk of it's tactical movement + the online is INSANE. nuff said... (btw who the hell is Billy Fisher. It'd make more sense if it said Sam Fisher... win).

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 5:19 pm

Hm... The guys who made the masterpieces known as KotOR 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Alpha Protocol are making a new Fallout game?

Obsidians games are all either s**tier sequel hand-me-downs from actually good games or POS original games that are critically lambasted. I still fail to see how this game will be any different.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 11:48 pm

These are also the guys who produced Fallout 1 & 2, games far superior to Fallout 3.

Obsidian has a bad track record on the technical side, but they are capable of making truly brilliant interactive stories too.

Like I stated before, this game is based on the FO 3 engine, which is very stable. The game should be bug-free, and if these guys can’t tell a good Fallout story, nobody can.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 8:27 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBRfaoQeX3Q&feature=related[/youtube]

:D