Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 10:19 am

You had been there a long time and nobody said anything until recently....sounds like constructive dismissal, ......contact an employment lawyer to see what your options are. You might be able to sue for unjust/constructive dismissal and possibly libel against those who talked behind your back.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 1:02 pm

Tory_canuck wrote:
. . . You might be able to sue for unjust/constructive dismissal and possibly libel against those who talked behind your back.

In a better world, yes. Our current world, probably not.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 1:22 pm

jojobean wrote:
you need to get diagnosed and present that to your human resorces person with a hint about the ADA. . .

This is a finesse move. Yes, you can pull it off. And then you need to take a deep breath, and I guess with zen acceptance, and it might work and it might not.

And like jojobean says, a hint. Let it stay subtle. Like a bluff in poker, don't oversell it. If you're wondering whether the person has picked it up or not, you're probably in a good place and have probably done it right.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 4:35 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
jojobean wrote:
you need to get diagnosed and present that to your human resorces person with a hint about the ADA. . .

This is a finesse move. Yes, you can pull it off. And then you need to take a deep breath, and I guess with zen acceptance, and it might work and it might not.

And like jojobean says, a hint. Let it stay subtle. Like a bluff in poker, don't oversell it. If you're wondering whether the person has picked it up or not, you're probably in a good place and have probably done it right.

Yeah, keep it subtle, because it will definitely be a bluff. I know from personal experience that the ADA does absolutely nothing to protect those of us (adults) with Autism. But then, neither do any of the so-called advocacy groups who claim their mission is to protect the rights of the disabled. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

If you ever do have a justification for filing a discrimination suit under the ADA - keep in mind there is only a 180 DAY statute of limitations. Your case must be prepared, filed and presented inside of six months or the discriminating party WALKS, scot-free.

If it seems that a local or state agency might have some influence or jurisdiction, IGNORE THEM - go straight to an attorney and file your suit. Let the attorney deal with them while he files for extensions, if necessary. Otherwise, these bureaucratic agencies will drag their feet and waste your time, ultimately coming to whatever conclusion covers the perpetrator's @ss and wasting your 180 day window. They are not in place to help you, they're in place to keep you from suing a state agency (or anyone connected to one), which you CAN'T do once they've burned up your 180 days.

ballache01
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Oct 2010, 9:07 pm

:x you know what, its a load of bollocks!, i out produce all those as*holes at work and am constanly diverting incompitancy onto its true owner in the work place, im really good at my job and have been enjoying it, just because you dont have anything to do with the click whos standing around talking s**t about the store manager as soon as his tail lamps disapear from sight, that makes you "anti social"? right!, Stop blaming your self for other as*holes in society, a shrink? get f****d! theres nothing wrong with you perception of whats going on, its fact, people are jelous insecure wankers, planks of f*****g wood! its those as*holes that should be looking for another job not you!, its a shame the world and life sucks, its s**t because we all need to earn money to live and if you ask me, as long as the customer is happy, the company is making money and you are performing your job dutys with compitancy then it shouldn't matter weathe ror not you are blowing off the in crowd! a simple polite good morning and then good evening should do and unless it has anything to do with your job, WHO GIVES A s**t IF I DONT TALK TO YOUR ASS ALL DAY FOR EVER!! !! :x But sadly enough, it just isnt like that, the world is backwards, an as*hole is an as*hole, what can you do about it?. Ive done my best, i cant do any better, im glad im not like those other pieces of s**t at work, even if i am a jobless, prospectless, broke ass b***h! :lol: this must be my like 200th job in 20 years. Who gives a f**k! i dont think theres a mind control drug or a doctor in the world that could give me the abilty to be like those f*****g as*holes i love to hate so much. Time to put my efforts in self employment, ive gone for those bottom of the barrel low paid jobs thinking there will be less poltics involved thinking" at this level i should have no problem keeping the job" its doesn't work like that, you got uneducated as*holes as well as educated as*holes, its the whole social dick suck thats the problem, i couldnt give a rats ass about half these fuckign human beings, total as*holes. good night, let you know what happens when i go in tomorrow at 5 to be fired after my suspension since friday. im going to tell that store manager what his deputy is talking about with the other employee's when he goes home....all though he is a incompitant twat him self and as for unfair dismissle or what ever this is TX there aint no such rule. sry i didnt spell check i vented.

thanks for hearing my vent guys.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Oct 2010, 11:24 am

i had the same problem when i worked for a grocherie store, in the produce department. i wasnt friendly apparently, and had no knowelege of the fruits&vegtables. one day my boss pulled me aside and was all, do you think you could act more like a person and not a robot? i was shocked, not only for the fact that i didnt think i was that bad, emotionally at my job but my goodness how f****n' completely devestating. i quit after that, because i was just so sick of people evaluating my every move it seemed like, fortuenltly for me i only have a gemstone and sportscard obsession to maintain and not any kids so i could just quit like that

anyways, good luck in your situation.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 12:33 pm

dragonfish wrote:
Last week, after 90 days of employment, the human resources person pulled me aside, off the record and informed me that based on things she's been told and has over-heard, I am developing a reputation of being stand-offish, anti-social, difficult, defensive, don't take direction well. To my horror, I burst into tears.

I thought I was doing fantastic! I'm very nervous and socially awkward but I talk to everyone and get along with everyone, I thought. Over the past 3-4 weeks, I have noticed that no one seems quite as friendly as they did at first but I just passed it off. I thought maybe the novelty had warn off and they were being themselves without trying to put on a show and go out of their way to assist the new person all the time.

I have no idea what I could have done or said and to whom. I am equally dumbfounded by being called defensive and told that I don't take direction well. There are very, very few things I have ever liked about myself or felt confident in. One of those few things is the fact that I consider myself to be very open to constructive criticism. I really listen and appreciate it when people point things out to me that I may be doing wrong or things I may not be aware of. I don't want to do things wrong. I don't want to be a bumbling idiot. I'm very hurt and angry when people get mad at me over little things rather than just pointing out what I'm doing or that it bothers them. So when people do point things out to me, I'm very grateful and I try to communicate that. I tell them thank you and I try to follow up with them later, "So was I better this time? Is that more what you had in mind?"

When I was interviewed for this job, it was iterated over and over by several people that THE two rules were to get along with everyone and to always please your supervisors. In addition to the above, the human resources person felt the need to remind me of that several times during our 'talk'. I've gone through this past week walking egg shells and I can't figure out what I might be doing wrong or what I should change. I talk to every person I see; I'm being social and friendly even if I might seem a little awkward at times. I'm always very appreciative of help and I try to express that. I'm at a loss.

I feel for you. If you are still probational, I'm not sure what anyone can do. They can always choose to not retain you.

Frankly, I find what's needed is that someone with hire/fire authority needs to understand YOU and how you're not quite like others. If you are working hard but just not getting along, they need to understand that you can not perceive what they are saying....that until they told you there was a problem, you had no suspicions of a problem even existing. That's when AS needs to come into play and they realize that this is just who you are...you're willing to work on things, but you might not know there is a problem until someone sits down and shows it to you. Don't know if they'd go one way or the other after that, but this problem won't go away.

Been there with the "walking on eggshells" situation. It's a bad place. You get so focused on not offending anyone that your job is the last thing you are thinking about, which only creates new problems.