NT's misinterpreting me and twisting my words

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 8:42 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I'd like to ad that this is far from a sin unique to NTs, spend a little time in PPR and you'll see more willful misrepresentation and out of context quoting going on than the average Fox newscast. I can also vouch from my experience running a social club for Aspies, if anything we have more problems with people reading things into what someone else said and taking offense than I normally see at NT dominant social events, just because we tend to be blunt and not pick up on social cues, even amongst ourselves it leads to plenty of misunderstandings and hurt feelings. I've seen a lot of bitter disappointment from Aspies over the years that think that socializing with a roomful of similar people will be like finding their tribe; I still think it's worth the effort but it's not the solution so many seem to think it will be.

Yea. And not all aspies are introverts either. The variety that will talk my ear off and make it feel like it's a competition to get a single word in are more frustrating to deal with than NTs. A certain percentage of NTs eventually figure out that I tend to process my thoughts a bit more than average before speaking and learn to give me space. With other aspies it's pretty hopeless. I always feel like I'm getting bowled over.