Did God or Moses actually carve the 10 Commandments?



Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
Page:

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 1624

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 am

Did God, in the blink of an eye, carve all 10 Commandments for Moses?

or

Did Moses patiently carve all 10 Commandments in stone himself?

or

Did Moses hire out (subcontract) the stone carving to the local stone cutting guild who
carved the 10 Commandments like the workers built the pyramids in Egypt?

Which version is Biblically correct?



sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 6750
Location: The Castle of Shock and Awe-tism

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:27 am

Ancient conspiracy theories topic

Gotta love pgd. Maybe he can find an alien abduction! :P :twisted:


_________________
Radical Aspergian
Awe-Tistic Whirlwind

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo


LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 2857

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Someone should have posted that a long time ago.



AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 5091
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:32 pm

sartresue wrote:
Ancient conspiracy theories topic

Gotta love pgd. Maybe he can find an alien abduction! :P :twisted:


Well...

There IS Elijah. And there was another guy in Genesis (pre-flood), but I can't recall the name. Jesus Himself ascended to Heaven in front of a crowd of eyewitnesses. So if you want to rationalize that to say it was an alien abduction, there's a starting point.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 31558
Location: New Jersey

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:03 pm

AngelRho wrote:
sartresue wrote:
Ancient conspiracy theories topic

Gotta love pgd. Maybe he can find an alien abduction! :P :twisted:


Well...

There IS Elijah. And there was another guy in Genesis (pre-flood), but I can't recall the name. Jesus Himself ascended to Heaven in front of a crowd of eyewitnesses. So if you want to rationalize that to say it was an alien abduction, there's a starting point.


That is a just-so story. There is no serious evidence that such a thing happened.

ruveyn



greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 9915
Location: Home

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:16 pm

pgd wrote:
Which version is Biblically correct?

The Book of the Dead


_________________
?Everything is perfect in the universe - even your desire to improve it.?


Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 4732
Location: Bradenton, Florida

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:22 pm

I've heard that the 10 commandments were plagarized off of some Egpytian religious commandments. Coincidentally Moses was raised in the Pharaoh's palace.


_________________
"Some ideals are worth dying for"
==tOGoWPO==


adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 771

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:34 pm

pgd wrote:
Did God, in the blink of an eye, carve all 10 Commandments for Moses?

or

Did Moses patiently carve all 10 Commandments in stone himself?

or

Did Moses hire out (subcontract) the stone carving to the local stone cutting guild who
carved the 10 Commandments like the workers built the pyramids in Egypt?

Which version is Biblically correct?


I'd have to re-read the Bible to answer you, which I have no intention of doing. I prefer modern fantasy.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 31558
Location: New Jersey

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
I've heard that the 10 commandments were plagarized off of some Egpytian religious commandments. Coincidentally Moses was raised in the Pharaoh's palace.


Most of the Big Ten were based on Hamurabi's code.

ruveyn



Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 4732
Location: Bradenton, Florida

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 pm

Ahh thank you, I would have never in a million years remembered where exactly they were lifted from.


_________________
"Some ideals are worth dying for"
==tOGoWPO==


ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 31558
Location: New Jersey

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:11 pm

AngelRho wrote:
sartresue wrote:
Ancient conspiracy theories topic

Gotta love pgd. Maybe he can find an alien abduction! :P :twisted:


Well...

There IS Elijah. And there was another guy in Genesis (pre-flood), but I can't recall the name. Jesus Himself ascended to Heaven in front of a crowd of eyewitnesses. So if you want to rationalize that to say it was an alien abduction, there's a starting point.


That would have been Enoch.

ruveyn



TallyMan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 41833

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:26 am

Image


_________________
I've left WP indefinitely.


Sand
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 11852
Location: Finland

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:32 am

Actually it was Cecil B. Demille who was as close to God as Hollywood gets.



Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:00 pm
Posts: 11016

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:07 am

As you can see by my avatar, it was clearly Steve Jobs who carved the 10 commandments.



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  


Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
Page:




You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to: