Question for people who think killing animals is wrong

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 8:47 pm

Why shouldn't we kill animals if they're always killing each other?
Animals kill other animals all the time. What are we suppose to do, lock up all the carnivores? Animals don't mind killing people either. Bears and alligators often kill people and they've been doing so for all of human history.

A Modest Proposal: Anyone who thinks killing animals is wrong should support the banning of wheat threshers (since they often kill rabbits), automobiles (since they provide a constant supply of roadkill) and aeroplanes (since they kill birds in their jet engines).

Also, remember when Obama killed that fly and PETA freaked out? Suddenly insects shouldn't be killed? How far is this going to go? Should fleas not be killed? Should human botflies not be killed? Saying human botfles shouldn't be killed is like pro-life gone horribly wrong. PETA is an animal-worshipping cult.

If killing animals ever becomes illegal, the president of PETA is going to find a horse's head between her bedsheets courtesy of yours truly.

"Animals don't have rights. Yes, they should be treated "humanely". ... But 'freeing' chickens from their factory farms is idiotic."
-Michael Moore

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 9:55 pm

sorry, friends of animals. i've been read the riot act for calling out people who think animal abuse is just a joke.
i have to consider the usefulness of my continuing being a part of wp if those who abuse animals are allowed to say things like i just read on this post.

the above human has said he will put dead animal parts in the bed a of a human. that's acceptable? i cannot call him out for saying such a thing? wow. treating animal cruelty as a joke. that's acceptable? wow. another post....i was called a ret*d. guess you are if you are willing to defend animals from being abused. wow.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 10:05 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Why shouldn't we kill animals if they're always killing each other?
Animals kill other animals all the time. What are we suppose to do, lock up all the carnivores? Animals don't mind killing people either. Bears and alligators often kill people and they've been doing so for all of human history.

A Modest Proposal: Anyone who thinks killing animals is wrong should support the banning of wheat threshers (since they often kill rabbits), automobiles (since they provide a constant supply of roadkill) and aeroplanes (since they kill birds in their jet engines).

Also, remember when Obama killed that fly and PETA freaked out? Suddenly insects shouldn't be killed? How far is this going to go? Should fleas not be killed? Should human botflies not be killed? Saying human botfles shouldn't be killed is like pro-life gone horribly wrong. PETA is an animal-worshipping cult.

If killing animals ever becomes illegal, the president of PETA is going to find a horse's head between her bedsheets courtesy of yours truly.

"Animals don't have rights. Yes, they should be treated "humanely". ... But 'freeing' chickens from their factory farms is idiotic."
-Michael Moore

A little overboard, don't you think?

Aren't you advocating terrorism with that horses head threat?

Some points:

1) Animals aren't claiming to be the superior beings. We are. With that comes responsibility. The responsibility to make informed judgments, avoid needless killing, and show respect for life. All life.

2) Animals are an integral part of our ecosystem. Their natures serve a purpose, as becomes evident every time man interferes with the balance of power in a natural area. They don't attack us intentionally; we aren't part of their food chain. Just because nature made things that way, does not mean WE, who lay claims to higher intelligence, have to emulate it. We should not.

3) .... actually ....

The more I write points, the more I'm convinced YOU don't believe your own post. You MUST know the things I'm saying; implication, you are intentionally provoking. Trying to get the animal lover's spines up so they'll tangle. Well, I'm calling you on it and locking.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 20 Aug 2010, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 10:08 pm

danandlouie wrote:
sorry, friends of animals. i've been read the riot act for calling out people who think animal abuse is just a joke.

I don't know what you're talking about here. If you're talking about the OP, he doesn't say that animal abuse is a joke -- he says PETA is. I hadn't heard about Obama and the fly, but after the 'sea kittens' thing, I consider them to be a joke too.

Quote:
i have to consider the usefulness of my continuing being a part of wp if those who abuse animals are allowed to say things like i just read on this post.

People on WP can think what they like, regardless of how much you or me or anyone else might dislike their views.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 10:23 pm

danandlouie wrote:

the above human has said he will put dead animal parts in the bed a of a human. that's acceptable? i cannot call him out for saying such a thing? wow. treating animal cruelty as a joke. that's acceptable? wow. another post....i was called a ret*d. guess you are if you are willing to defend animals from being abused. wow.

I disagree with your interpretation, and have sent you a couple of pm's explaining.

Otherwise ... as I posted above, I think the best solution right now is a lock.