I think my family has an insecurity complex...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 3:15 am

I posted several pictures of them on Facebook, and tagged them in those photos...which they then proceeded to de-tag, cause "I didn't look good in this photo", or "I've lost weight since then".

the one really big shocker to me was where my Aunt said she looked terrible in the photo...only to then have herself featured in a photo on her own account, where in my opinion she looks a thousand times worse.

I'm really surprised by this though...I mean...

I'm the guy who looks like a stereotypical nerd, and I have Scoliosis...and they're the ones that are insecure about their appearances? Honestly?! !! !! !! !!

Funny enough my cousin actually got a nose job back in high school; call it crazy to hear but I don't see why she needed any physical alterations whatsoever; she was considered so attractive, some photographer saw her on the beach in a bathing suit, and paid her to model, which she did.

I just don't....get this insecurity complex.

Am I missing something?

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 4:07 am

That's just how people are. On the positive side, seeing themselves can shock them into getting into better shape.

Also, I used to have scoliosis, the doctor said I should sleep without a pillow (I slept on my stomach), and it went away.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 4:09 am

monsterland wrote:
That's just how people are. On the positive side, seeing themselves can shock them into getting into better shape.

Also, I used to have scoliosis, the doctor said I should sleep without a pillow (I slept on my stomach), and it went away.

then I guess yours wasn't genetic.

Yeah, yer probably right.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 8:46 am

The world puts a lot of emphasis on looks and appearance. People wish to have the perfect body, for their gender.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 1:56 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The world puts a lot of emphasis on looks and appearance. People wish to have the perfect body, for their gender.

in a way maybe I got really lucky being Autistic, looking like a stereotypical nerd, and having Scoliosis; it taught me not to worry about looks as much as everyone else gets obsessed with them.