Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

DonDud
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Aug 2010, 1:44 pm

I thought of something random while I was watching people today, eating lunch.

Sure, the whole relationship thing is supposed to be somewhat nerve-wracking and confusing to most people (some more so than others)... but eventually, it happens for almost everyone, and certainly by the time they're my age.

But for me, it's like if people had the power to just fly. Let's suppose everyone had that ability, me included... but I just didn't know what people did, mentally, to begin flying. I can watch people fly, I can see young people learn to fly, but it still doesn't make a bit of sense to me as to how people do it. Who taught them? Were they taught at all? Did they just naturally know how? Where did they get their confidence?

Of course I'd like to fly. Don't assume that I have no interest in flying just because I don't fly. It's just that it's something that I cannot naturally comprehend on my own, and have yet to learn by years of observation.

Surya
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2010, 1:58 pm

DonDud wrote:
I thought of something random while I was watching people today, eating lunch.

Sure, the whole relationship thing is supposed to be somewhat nerve-wracking and confusing to most people (some more so than others)... but eventually, it happens for almost everyone, and certainly by the time they're my age.

But for me, it's like if people had the power to just fly. Let's suppose everyone had that ability, me included... but I just didn't know what people did, mentally, to begin flying. I can watch people fly, I can see young people learn to fly, but it still doesn't make a bit of sense to me as to how people do it. Who taught them? Were they taught at all? Did they just naturally know how? Where did they get their confidence?

Of course I'd like to fly. Don't assume that I have no interest in flying just because I don't fly. It's just that it's something that I cannot naturally comprehend on my own, and have yet to learn by years of observation.

hmm..

Some birds.. will push their young out of the nest. The young bird either learns to fly right then, or lands on the ground. At that point, the other birds may start 'picking' on it, attacking it. They will kill it after awhile if it does not fly. I have also seen them attack weaker flyers

I have ended up with a couple crows and other birds over the years because of this. And when I would go to rescue the injured bird, the other birds sometimes would attack me.. Crows are horrible for this. They followed me, diving bombing me and 'friends' as we went the 1/2 block to where we lived with the injured crow.

So it is like, either learn now, or we are going to beat it out of you.. and if your too weak, we will keep beating you till your dead and do not ruin our 'line'

OT.. who is your avatar of, he is adorable
They also stayed outside for a couple days and every time we went outside, we would get attacked.

DonDud
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Aug 2010, 2:08 pm

Surya wrote:

That's the detective L from the anime/manga Death Note. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L_%28Death_Note%29

I haven't watched very many anime series, but I watched Death Note just over a year ago and found it to be the most compelling detective story I'd ever seen. L is an amazing character, extremely awkward and eccentric, but brilliant.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 2:27 pm

I can relate to your post.I went from wondering why no one ever told me to realizing I was supposed to have figured it out on my own. Observing people somehow was never enough. Of course I would never see couples when they were alone together so I never
saw how they were interacting. To tell you the truth, I still don't know. I can't go by my one attempt at a serious relationship to go by. It was a failure. I'm at peace with being single now, anyway.

Surya
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2010, 2:34 pm

DonDud wrote:
Surya wrote:

That's the detective L from the anime/manga Death Note. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L_%28Death_Note%29

I haven't watched very many anime series, but I watched Death Note just over a year ago and found it to be the most compelling detective story I'd ever seen. L is an amazing character, extremely awkward and eccentric, but brilliant.

Thanks.. I will need to take a peak at that I think

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 3:11 pm

Last edited by Willard on 01 Sep 2010, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 10:20 pm

Willard wrote:
... Meaning you have to devise your own methods, like a monk developing his own version of kung fu. You just have to find a place where people are, preferably people you have at least something in common with, and keep being there, until the right connection occurs. Defeat and surrender are not viable options.

Why should we even bother to have a relation? What about developing our own version of 'relation' that does not involve other people :lol: ?