Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 10:29 pm

jec6613 wrote:
I owe my life to my best (and only) friend, and I carry that around with me as I would any physical object as comfort when I'm feeling down. I gave her my word I'd be there for her if she ever needed anything. Living for someone else may not be the best solution, but when I'm in the depths of despair, that's what I hold onto.

My children are the only reason I'm still here. I agree, not the best solution, but that's what I have right now.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 5:26 am

I have been suicidal at various times in my life. I am now 40 and still have not done it so don't think I ever will. In my older years I came to realise that suicidal thoughts only last about a day or so and then I start to feel a lot more positive. So whenever I am suicidal I just wait it out for the up that I know is coming.

kayef
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Aug 2010, 10:54 pm

I don't know if I would say I was suicidal, I just don't get how other people have found meaning in their life. Does having kids give life meaning? Getting married? A nice house? A good career? A car? What am I supposed to live for? The whole exercise seems pointless at times. We struggle. We overcome. We fight. We win. We lose. Whatever we do the result is the same for everyone. We die. The end. I don't believe in god or heaven. Maybe faith or spirituality would provide a sense of purpose in my life, but I have none. Am I supposed to stick around for 30 more years of the same? Most of the time I am asking if this is all there is, can I go now? I think I have done pretty much all I have wanted to do with life. I have only found one therapist who understood that is not a suicidal tendency, but maybe some sort of existential crisis.

nara44
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:49 am

kayef wrote:
I don't know if I would say I was suicidal, I just don't get how other people have found meaning in their life. Does having kids give life meaning? Getting married? A nice house? A good career? A car? What am I supposed to live for? The whole exercise seems pointless at times. We struggle. We overcome. We fight. We win. We lose. Whatever we do the result is the same for everyone. We die. The end. I don't believe in god or heaven. Maybe faith or spirituality would provide a sense of purpose in my life, but I have none. Am I supposed to stick around for 30 more years of the same? Most of the time I am asking if this is all there is, can I go now? I think I have done pretty much all I have wanted to do with life. I have only found one therapist who understood that is not a suicidal tendency, but maybe some sort of existential crisis.

\
the meaning of life is love and we suppose to struggle for it even when we know love doesn't exist and we probably not just never achieve it but also get abused,used and laugh at just for trying,
so why keep on trying ?
because we are just ants in god or who or what ever planed or program or design this thing we mistakenly refer to as life(it feels much more like death to me) and part of our programming is believing the impossible so that the human race may get there some day,probably million if not trillions of years after we die,
It's a painfully slow process where every generation get it a little bit better and that's why parents find meaning in raising a child or teachers in teach and so on...
the reward is never proportional to what u actually invest but since our ego is an illusion of kind "sacrificing" your self for a good cause can feel quite good.

ajlposh

03 Oct 2010, 4:59 pm

I have thought of it, but I know I'm never gonna go through with it.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 5:16 pm

I get more reckless when I've felt suicidal. It makes me feel alive when I take chances. I don't think I'll actually ever kill myself, but I can see an accident that gets me a Darwin Award in my future.

The NVLD slant is interesting Horus. There isn't much out there on NVLD from what I can tell. Have you found any good sites that do research into it. I would like to read more about it.