Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Negolin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Aug 2010, 8:18 pm

My question is simple. For those that have cars, how do you deal with rude and obnoxious drivers?

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 9:53 pm

It's a constant source of rage. I learned to roll down my windows and yell "LEARN TO DRIVE ! !!" sometimes adding [... "YOU PIECE OF s**t!! !"]

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 10:52 pm

Negolin wrote:
My question is simple. For those that have cars, how do you deal with rude and obnoxious drivers?

I give them a gentle hand signal that indicates, "I yield to you--please proceed" (even if I have right-of-way).

The sooner I can get "an accident waiting to happen" out of my traffic space, the less likely my involvement is his mishap.

mcg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 11:13 pm

I brandish a handgun at them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 1:01 pm

That's the one reason, that I don't have a car and a license. Money too.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 3:13 am

I just avoid an accident. Even if other drivers are rude, I either just let them go, or avoid them by slowing down. Alberta is known for crazy drivers, especially on the QE2 or in Red Deer or Calgary.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2010, 3:16 am

You sorta have to learn how drive without ego. And a lot of people do not know how to do that. My only objective when driving is getting where I need to do safely. So I do what I can do working with the environment around me to drive as safely as I can.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 4:14 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5praSs96Q8g[/youtube]

Warning------some foul language.

Bad Alberta driver on the QE2 outside of Red Deer

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 5:16 am

Extend my middle finger

IndispensablePG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Sep 2010, 6:44 am

Laz wrote:
Extend my middle finger

Best advice ever.

cleo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2010, 1:11 pm

I used to do the above, until some idiot woman in a mini van tried to run me off the road into a concrete barrier. And no she did not have the right of way. I was in the right lane and her lane (the left) ended. that was her idea of merging. She was actually laughing, and looking over at me (in my tiny Honda) like it was a joke! 8O

I decided right there to go with the earlier advice and yield until it hurts.

I royally wave the peons on in front of me, patientally letting all the riff raff ram into each other. Then I proceed with calm decorum. It's all about attitude.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2010, 1:22 pm

I ride a motorcycle so people are extremely impatient and think they have more room then they actually do.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 1:33 pm

Negolin wrote:

I ignore them.

No middle finger or other road rage. Road rage is never the answer. You just never know who has an issue and they could try and run you off the road or stalk you by following you or tail gating. You just never know. Also do not tease the other drivers. Same reason as before. You never know who has an issue and they could do those things to you.

If I am being tailgated I let them pass me. If they never pass, I pull over. I do not like being tail gated. I just use my signal and watch the other cars and if none of them let me in, I slow down as I am getting on the freeway and wait for someone to let me in. I do the same on the road. Other cars can just pass me.

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 9:26 pm

cleo wrote:
I royally wave the peons on in front of me, patientally letting all the riff raff ram into each other. Then I proceed with calm decorum. It's all about attitude.

Schadenfreude helps a bit too--nothing better than seeing some tear-ass who was giving you grief, a couple miles up the road, wrecked in a ditch or pulled over by the police and spread-eagled over the hood of a cruiser. You couldn't dynamite the smile off my face on those days! :D

introversal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Sep 2010, 9:49 pm

I tend to honk or flash my brights. Lately though I've been enjoying taking transit.

loramath
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Sep 2010, 9:08 am

I usually drive slowly, but within safety limits. I ignore anything happening outside my car if it doesn't help me to arrive safely to my destination.

I get angry when somebody tells me I'm going too slow (usually going at maximum velocity that the road legally allows me) but I try to calm down myself fast because I know it won't do me any good to argue with other driver.