Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:00 pm

I just noticed that recently, whenever I've been watching something that has a rather high emotional reaction from me, I've been feeling like someone just plugged my spine up to a power outlet. Also seems to happen when I go over something in my head that has an equally strong emotional reaction . . . has anyone else experienced this, either as a later development or when younger? Sometimes it's mild, at other times I just want to curl up, then I feel exhausted afterwords. Is this another aspect of AS, or just my brain not processing something right?

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:06 pm

I feel a tingling starting beneath my shoulder blades and carrying on up my spine to the base of the neck, in nerve wracking or emotional situations. Is that the kind of thing you're talking about?

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:30 pm

mgran wrote:
I feel a tingling starting beneath my shoulder blades and carrying on up my spine to the base of the neck, in nerve wracking or emotional situations. Is that the kind of thing you're talking about?

I think so . . . it's like there is so much information, or unknown information, coming in, it's painful.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:31 pm

I find pressing my back against a wall helps a little.