Veteran

05 Sep 2010, 9:23 am

My first name is Samer.

Fall in love with my name, ladies. :lol:

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2010, 10:16 am

I have fallen in love with a name multiple times. As other users mentioned before it usually starts because you meet a nice person with that name and if I meet several people with the same name who are nice in a short time I get some sort of fondness for said name.

Right now my favourite one is elizabeth.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2010, 7:16 pm

I have fallen in love with names, or developed a strong liking for them, and certainly I have names I'm fond of and not so fond of because of experiences with bearers of the name. However, I personally seem to get stronger emotional reactions from surnames more than first names.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 8:41 am

Actually, I always seem to be attracted to those with the name Mickaël. But always before I know the name.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 10:50 am

We've discussed names, but how about places? When people characterise, generalise or 'broad brush' a place, they'll likely get accused of being ignorant. But I think it's probably more a case of people's experiences with a place, or a person from that place, causing associations either pleasant or hurtful in exactly the same way names do.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 11:22 am

Keeno wrote:
We've discussed names, but how about places? When people characterise, generalise or 'broad brush' a place, they'll likely get accused of being ignorant. But I think it's probably more a case of people's experiences with a place, or a person from that place, causing associations either pleasant or hurtful in exactly the same way names do.

FRANCE :heart:

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 11:25 am

My favorite name for the opposite sex is 'Julian'.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 1:19 pm

Keeno wrote:

My favourite place is Ireland.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 6:01 pm

The name "Jennifer", for me. I don't know why, but I just really love that name. xD Also, the shortened version of the name must be Jenna, not Jenni/Jenny.

In many (but not all) cases, I like it when the last letter of the name is an "A" or an "R".

So weird...