Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 11:56 am

does anyone seriously like this?

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 12:00 pm

I watched a few episodes, and questioned why I was watching this?

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 12:07 pm

the manga is seriously far better than the anime. I hate the anime with a passion, but enjoy the manga. The manga has a more mature feel to it IMO

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 12:35 pm

I was obsessed with Naruto when I was about 14-15, which was actually a good thing because it led to me becoming friends with the other otaku at my junior high. Otherwise I would have been completely lonely during school hours.

I could never get back into it though; it feels a bit too immature for my tastes at this point. Not that the things I'm into nowadays are exactly marketed towards adults, but there's a difference between things that are for children and can be enjoyed by adults, and things that are for children that still feel like they're, y'know, for children. For me, Naruto falls into the latter category.

BigJohnnyCool
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2010, 11:31 pm

I would try to like it, but I can't for this reason below...

This sadistic, bipolar, psycho b***h is why I don't watch the series at all... Why karma doesn't punch her back in the face is a great mystery...

And BTW, yes. DBZ is awesome

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 12:18 am

I do watch it, well I have finished the actual Naruto part and I am watching Shippiden (I skipped most of the filler episodes).
My biggest problem with it is that often barely anything happends in an eppisode, often we have the characters just standing there in what must be slow motion, just thinking things to themselves, having flashbacks we have already seen, or even flashbacks of other flashbacks. Then the main character is often so stupid that he does not understand what people are often explaining to him, so they have to go into long winded explanations, often with him still not understanding, I assume because they think the audience is too dumb to get it themselves.

I much prefer Fairy Tail where it moves at a much better pace, and you won't be stranded for multiple episodes waiting for someone to make a move in a fight, like that the latest episodes had to epic fights in one episode, one of which was quite simular to DBZ, aswell as some character development, and even some light comic relief. Which is not uncommon for an episode of Fairy Tail.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 12:48 am

BigJohnnyCool wrote:
I would try to like it, but I can't for this reason below...

This sadistic, bipolar, psycho b***h is why I don't watch the series at all... Why karma doesn't punch her back in the face is a great mystery...

And BTW, yes. DBZ is awesome

In the manga she definately isnt like this, at least once you get to/past the chuunin exams.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Werecrocodile
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2010, 4:48 pm

The anime is dreadful, but the manga is way better than dragon ball z. Sasuke fanboy all the way.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 10:05 pm

Werecrocodile wrote:
The anime is dreadful, but the manga is way better than dragon ball z. Sasuke fanboy all the way.

i have read the manga. it is not nearly as dreadful as the anime, but it still suffers from plot holes and other stupid things

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2010, 8:55 am

I used to like it.

But it's jumped the shark way too many times.

And recently, it jumped another shark when the previous shark, Kisame, got eaten by another shark in which Naruto and co tried jumping.