Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 6:59 am

Why should I care what a bunch of stone age Indians thought about anything?

The same goes for that stupid Book of Revelations. No one can tell me who actually wrote it or why such a bizarre book ended up in the New Testament which is otherwise just a collection of stories about the life of Jesus.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 8:03 am

Many here will be offended by what I say here, but the truth does offend. Y'shua said that only the Father, not Him or us know the hour when the age of mankind (rule) will end. We lived past many times where it was said that the world would "end." Prostitution is said to be the oldest line of work, and I say that organized religion (whether Christianity, Islam, Evolutionism, Judaism, etc) is the second oldest. The trick of the organized religion hucksters is to use fear to control fellow humans. As long as you have a spirit of fear, you will be subject to the control of those who use it as a tool. The "end of the Earth" will not come for at least a thousand years after the Messianic Kingdom begins, so we don't have to worry about that. Even when it does come, there will be a much better creation to replace it.

The greatest tool to combat fear is knowledge. There is information published by certain groups that may be of use to you. I recommend a few booklet from a website. I'm not an any way affiliated with the group that publishes these online booklets, but I do see them as a great tool for learning. Visit http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/cgi-bin/tw/booklets/tw-bk.cgi?action=dispbooklets to download them for free. You don't have to provide any email address or give any other information to download. I also recommend http://www.emetministries.com, another group with which I am not affiliated. Most of all, I recommend reading the Bible for yourself and try not to dwell on what is taught in organized religion while doing so. In my opinion, most organized religion has destroyed the Good News by misquoting the Bible, quoting Biblical verses out of context, and even teaching outright myths. If the Biblical truth were taught, then most people would not be so afraid. Unfortunately, the truth is rarely taught.

Here are some of the lies that are perpetuated by organized mainstream Christianity:

LIE: Jesus (Y'shua) died on good Friday and was resurrected on Easter Sunday.
TRUTH: According to the Bible, in order for the only sign that He is Messiah to be fulfilled, Jesus, (Y'shua) must have been in the grave (translated pit, hell, etc. in many writings) for three days and three nights. This is specifically spelled out in the Bible. He died on a Wednesday before sunset during the Passover before a high sabbath (the first day of the Unleavens) and was resurrected Saturday (exactly 72 hours later) before sunset. From sunset Friday to sunset Saturday is the weekly Sabbath.

LIE: Wise men from the east brought gifts to Jesus (Y'shua) when he was born in Bethlehem.
TRUTH: Gifts were brought to him as the Bible stated, but when they were brought, the Savior was a young child and living in a house. The gifts weren't just a little bit of gold, a little bit of spices, etc. It was likely on a much larger scale than that. The gifts were brought from an empire of direct descendants of the house of Israel. They were brought as a gift to a future king, and were in sufficient amount to cause consternation in the Roman Empire. They were likely brought via an armed caravan and in great amounts. Something had to cause the Roman rulers consternation.

LIE: Abraham and Noah were Jews.
TRUTH: Abraham and Noah were buried a long time before the existence of the Jews. The term Jew was coined by the northern kingdom of Israel after the death of King Solomon. It was meant as a derogatory term directed at the people composing the southern kingdom of Judah. Jews are descended mainly from three tribes of Jacob (Judah, Levy, and Benjamin).

LIE: God loves the Jews above everyone else.
TRUTH: God (YHWH) gave Israel (all of Israel not just the Jews) not so much a privilege but a responsibility. Israel (altogether) is supposed to be a care taker and a blessing to the rest of mankind (nations). Jews only compose a part (three tribes) of Israel or the house of Jacob. In fact, there are a total of thirteen tribes descending from Jacob. These tribes are just as much a part of Israel as the Jews. They also greatly outnumber the Jews. The Bible states Israel will be as numerous as the stars or the sand of the sea. The Jews alone don't fulfill this prophecy.

LIE: The Church brings salvation to the masses.
TRUTH: Many churches would like for you to believe that, but salvation was bought by the cruel and hideous torture and death of Jesus (Y'shua). In fact, the greatest amount of contention that Jesus (Y'shua) had was with the religious people. Y'shua HATED religion. He came to bring deliverance and a just and righteous GOVERNMENT (kingdom), not a religious order.

I could go on and on about the differences as to what the Bible says and what the churches teach, but I recommend reading for yourself to find out the truth. When you find the truth, you will be able to speak and understand with authority and strength rather that from a position of fear and weakness.

Last edited by cyberscan on 13 Sep 2010, 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 8:27 am

Wombat wrote:
Why should I care what a bunch of stone age Indians thought about anything?

The same goes for that stupid Book of Revelations. No one can tell me who actually wrote it or why such a bizarre book ended up in the New Testament which is otherwise just a collection of stories about the life of Jesus.

I care because these are the same people who built things that we as a civilization cannot build today. It is a fallacy that people of ancient times were a bunch of ignoramuses. People, thousands of years ago, navigated across continents and oceans. Columbus was not even close to "discovering" America. He was bested by at least a couple of thousands of years. We think we are smart today because of our computers and technology, but how many of us could survive should this technology be suddenly wiped out? Most of us would end up dying of disease, starvation, or end up killing each other. Ancient people have much to say about engineering, agriculture, science, as well as history. You would be very wise to listen to what they have to teach.

The book of Revelation is a restatement of Daniel and Ezekiel. Keep in mind that the descriptions in this book is given from the perspective of an ancient man. If you took and ancient man and suddenly brought him to today's period, he would use the language he knows to describe the things he sees. The Book of Revelations is a translation of what an ancient man had to say about things he was shown. Revelation is also about the life of the Savior. It tells of His future role in the rule of mankind. You would be wise to listen to what this book has to teach.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

13 Sep 2010, 8:40 am

An instant end to civilzation would be merciful compared to the gradual running out of resources and global warming....and the election of the tea party (aka neo-nazi's) in 2012.

dryad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2010, 9:03 am

Celoneth wrote:
Yes - the world is going to end because the Mayans were too lazy to extend their calendar. Everyone knows that if you fail to buy a calendar for the new year, a miniature black hole will form around your old calendar and suck you in - now imagine that effect multiplied by however many Mayans are around.

I knew it! That's why I keep the calendar in the laundry room - to save the socks! :lol:

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 9:36 am

jojobean wrote:
An instant end to civilzation would be merciful compared to the gradual running out of resources and global warming....and the election of the tea party (aka neo-nazi's) in 2012.

Actually, we are not running out of many resources. There are more fish in the ocean now than there was in the last hundred years. There are more trees in the United States now then there was in the early 20th century. If you believe the doom and gloom stories about all the "endangered" or "threatened" species, then you need to come to the area where I live, and I can show you where we are nearly overrun by these so called "endangered" or "threatened" species. Wildlife is so abundant in my area that you have to be d***ed careful when you drive at night. The "threatened" black bear has made a comeback to the point of being a threat to many communities. We have had recent incursions in the area where I live, and this area has had a relatively stable (not increasing) population. One only needs to go to area lakes to see the large number of "threatened" alligators swimming in the water.

The oil production cycle is still producing crude oil. The precursor chemicals for oil is still being formed under the tremendous pressure of the deep ocean. The recent oil spill can be blamed in large part to the "environmental" lobby forcing oil drillers to drill in high risk areas for resources that people need. Oil drillers are not allowed to drill for oil in areas where there is relatively low risk to the environment.

We have also had some of the coolest times on record. Here in Florida, the winter was so cold that it snowed. This cold season also took care of many invading species in the everglades. This is something that was causing tremendous fear among the biologists (most of whom are adherents to the Evolutionist religion). In a previous post in this thread, I mentioned the doom and gloom preached by mainstream Christianity and the fear it produces. However, mainstream Christianity is not the only religion preaching doom and gloom. Evolutionists are also doing the same for the most part.

As far as the so called "Tea Party" elections are concerned, they have very little to do with the Republican party or neo-nazis. In fact, the main stream Republican party leaders are afraid of the "tea party" candidates. This is because they see the "tea party" candidates as a threat to their elitist rule. The "tea party" people are using the Republican party as a tool just as much as the Democrat and Republican "elite" are using the media and "education" system as their tools. For many years, the Republican party was as much if not more of a threat to the free market system as the Democrats. We have not had a free market system in most states as well as the nation for decades. Government licenses rules, and regulations have kept new comers out of the marketplace and allowing established businesses to gouge consumers of services and products. The 'tea party" people want to correct this imbalance by removing both Democrats and republican bureaucrats who impose rules that keep people out of the marketplace. More competition means cheaper prices for all, and it also means that it is much easier to shun companies that abandon their responsibility to be wise stewards of the natural environment. Strict environmental rules in the U.S. combined with globalization has caused much pollution by transferring manufacturing to areas where slave labor and weak oversight has allowed mega-corporations to save money by polluting and using slave labor.

The main resource that the world is running out of is freedom, liberty, and the rule of law. Once these are restored, and the average person is allowed to participate freely within the markets, there will be prosperity. Until then, we will not be men, women, and children with rights and responsibilities but we will be little more than human resources or chattle who are to be bossed about, taxed, and fined at the whim of corrupt rulers and the "Give all to Caesar" religionist hucksters.

Science and technology are wonderful tools that could be used to feed the world if they were not instead being used to suppress and brainwash the people, wage war, and force adherence to corrupt governments. Those who rail against science and technology (that is not used to oppress) in general in most cases do not understand what would happen to this world should the technological infrastructure collapse. If this collapse happens, there would be widespread violence, disease, and starvation due to the fact that most people have forgotten the ways of the people in the past. If science and technology are used for good as it should be, we would have nothing to fear. However, when science and technology is used to increase the power and wealth of the greedy, then we have much to fear.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

13 Sep 2010, 10:07 am

but on another note.....ppl are always talking about the world's end. My dad who a penicostal evangalist said 10 years ago " I believe that the rise of the antichrist and revelations will happen in 3 years" Not only did it not happen, he now says that the end will happen in 3 years from now like some record player. :roll: But if you notice every decade as long as I have been alive has had its end of the world date. It never happens, but someone is making money off these theories...mostly the movie industry...plus some narcastic folks just get a kick out of controling the mass population because fearful people are easy to control.

As far as the mayan calander goes, the Mayans had a different measure of time than us. They had a lunar calander rather than a solar calander like us. The lunar calander has 13 months rather than 12, so if you did the math...the difference between an accumaltive extra month added to all these years since whenever BC they lived, is waaaaay off. Becides some sources show that the mayan calander never went this far in the future and the whole Mayan calander theory is a hoax. Either way the difference between the lunar calander and the sun calander would have made 12/31/2012 the wrong day by a long shot. Maybe someone who is good at math can do that math for you. I am very bad at math, but have a very well developed bullsh*t o'meter.

Another theory about the whole obession with some phenominal event to end the world...is we are kinda hoping for some short lived but drastic event compaired to what threats loom us like mass starvation, war, corruption, and total social anarchy as our reasources are depleted and climate changes cause even more depletion of earth's resources...thus more lingering social canabalism.

We will all die because of our overpopulation caused by the fact that evolution has caused women to have a menistral (sp) cycle rather than a heat cycle. The difference is that most other mammals with the exception of humans and rodents have a heat cycle which allows them to get pregnant twice or less a year, and some even as little as once every 3 years, keeping populations in check. But humans and rodents can get pregnant after puberty anytime until menipause (sp) leading to much over population. However rodents are common prey for many types of preditors, so that keeps them in check while humans are most of the time at the top of the food chain...with the exception of some parasites like mosqitos, ticks and lice.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 10:15 am

edit: the when the chance that a species can get pregnant is reduced to a window of time like 2 weeks every 6-8 months or less often than that, drasticly reduces the chance of pregnancy that year at all compaired to humans.

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 10:19 am

Celoneth wrote:
Yes - the world is going to end because the Mayans were too lazy to extend their calendar. Everyone knows that if you fail to buy a calendar for the new year, a miniature black hole will form around your old calendar and suck you in - now imagine that effect multiplied by however many Mayans are around.

The Mayan calender is hands down the most bad-ass calender ever in print. There are some pretty nice bas reliefs for a good price at The Market in downtown San Antonio...I wish I would have got one, but I figured they sold them on amazon or ebay. They don't!

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 10:53 am

jojobean wrote:
but on another note.....ppl are always talking about the world's end. My dad who a penicostal evangalist said 10 years ago " I believe that the rise of the antichrist and revelations will happen in 3 years" Not only did it not happen, he now says that the end will happen in 3 years from now like some record player. :roll: But if you notice every decade as long as I have been alive has had its end of the world date. It never happens, but someone is making money off these theories...mostly the movie industry...plus some narcastic folks just get a kick out of controling the mass population because fearful people are easy to control.

On this point, I couldn't agree with you more.

jojobean wrote:
As far as the mayan calander goes, the Mayans had a different measure of time than us. They had a lunar calander rather than a solar calander like us. The lunar calander has 13 months rather than 12, so if you did the math...the difference between an accumaltive extra month added to all these years since whenever BC they lived, is waaaaay off. Becides some sources show that the mayan calander never went this far in the future and the whole Mayan calander theory is a hoax. Either way the difference between the lunar calander and the sun calander would have made 12/31/2012 the wrong day by a long shot. Maybe someone who is good at math can do that math for you. I am very bad at math, but have a very well developed bullsh*t o'meter.

The lunar calendar does not necessarily have 13 months in each year. However, I do agree with you that the 12/31/2012 is probably way off. The way many ancient societies (including the Israelites and Babylonians) calculated the calendar is by using a combination solar - lunar calendar. This is the most stable way of producing a calendar and calculating times and seasons as well. The start of the new year according to this method was marked by the first new moon after the vernal (spring) equinox. Every new moon after wards marked the beginning of the new month. Every few years, there would be an extra month. In the fall, when the barley crop was planted, it was planted at a time so that it would begin to ripen around the first of the year (hence the month of Aviv or green ears)..

jojobean wrote:
Another theory about the whole obession with some phenominal event to end the world...is we are kinda hoping for some short lived but drastic event compaired to what threats loom us like mass starvation, war, corruption, and total social anarchy as our reasources are depleted and climate changes cause even more depletion of earth's resources...thus more lingering social canabalism. We will all die because of our overpopulation.......

I don't know about this one though. The problem with overpopulation is a myth. Much of the environmental problems is caused by corruption, war, as well as ignorance. There are plenty of resources available for everyone to live a prosperous life if they were used properly. Like I said before, it is not that the resources are being depleted but rather that elitist control on resources are being tightened. If a man is caught when catches a certain kind of fish, he will likely be fined, have his fishing equipment stolen,etc, while at the same time, a massive corporation with a government blessing can catch the same kind of fish that the man got in trouble for when it was him that did the catching.

jojobean wrote:
.......caused by the fact that evolution has caused women to have a menistral (sp) cycle rather than a heat cycle. The difference is that most other mammals with the exception of humans and rodents have a heat cycle which allows them to get pregnant twice or less a year, and some even as little as once every 3 years, keeping populations in check. But humans and rodents can get pregnant after puberty anytime until menipause (sp) leading to much over population. However rodents are common prey for many types of preditors, so that keeps them in check while humans are most of the time at the top of the food chain...with the exception of some parasites like mosqitos, ticks and lice.

You also state that evolution is a fact when that is not proven. The fact that women as well as female rodents have a menstrual cycle, is scientific fact. Whether that feature was put in place by creation or evolution is a topic of religion rather than science. A type of population regulation for humans also include fertility rates. There are a huge amount of less fertile or infertile men and women in America, Japan, and Western Europe. When fertility rates drop, population rates also either remain stable or drop as well. Evolution states that when large percentages of a certain species die prematurely, then there must be a high fertility rate (as well as birth or hatch rate) to maintain population. Otherwise, the species is selected out of existence. The Bible states that when we lose our way, we will become few in number, fearful, a prey, and slaves to oppressive masters. Isn't that the case of what is happening today?

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 11:15 am

Not really afraid are you? There have been predictions of the end of the world from time immemorial and it is still here. :pirat:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 3:50 pm

trojan51 wrote:
All this talk about the world ending and 2012 approaching and revelations coming true is really scaring me. Now while i am no religious fanatic, it seems strange to me that the disasters described in revelations are occuring somehwat. i also fear that our future will be a post apocalyptic one, and not a star trek like future. is there any scientific evidence to prove that the world will really decline in the coming years or not?

The sun will self destruct in about five billion years. Well before that, say in about a billion years the sun will become much hotter and that will evaporate the water from the surface of the earth which will lead to the death of most living things in short order.

Unless the human race finds a new place to live, it is doomed in the long run.

ruveyn

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 5:51 pm

I think the world won't end until long after we're gone.

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2010, 6:01 pm

I wouldn't worry, most of the theories around 2012 are highly implausible to happen so soon anyway. Weren't we supposed to die in Y2K, if I remember correctly?? :D

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 6:03 pm

The world will not end in 2012. There is nothing to worry about.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 6:07 pm

There's a doom's day theorist on every corner. I guess they have nothing better to do. Life will come to an end on this planet, as we know it. In the meantime though, enjoy the sunrise and sunsets and don't worry about things we can't change.