Making a Personals Ad Online

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

sc
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2006, 10:53 pm

Are personal ads pathetic? I perceive them as strange, it's just weird. I have tried it a few times, I'm not sure how to explain myself. Seems superficial then if I am honest I embarrass myself I think. Unless I am too formal somehow as well.

What are ideas and strategies for it?

My dilemma is having no transportation and the whole dating being like something just seen on T.V. That’s another reason I don't like the T.V, all those people do the normal things so seemingly easy. Grrrr

sc
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2006, 11:17 pm

This post reminds me of the concept of the sex drive, well I don't have a car myself. I also have no desire to drive.

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2006, 11:30 pm

Personal ads are pretty widely accepted now. I think the most important thing is to be honest with yourself about who you want to attract. If you try and make yourself sound really great, then you might get more responses, but you will have to weed through a lot of people who are not compatible with you. So I think it is best to imagine your ideal mate, and try to think of what kind of ad would catch her/his eye. Goodluck

Oh yeah, and I was wondering if you know the word "metacogitate" ?
I learned it when I was in fourth grade, and it always stuck with me, it means to think about your thinking.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2006, 11:44 pm

I always think about my thinking, it's like circles of thought.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2006, 12:24 am

Circular reasoning!

hoyaaa