Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 3:38 pm

Hmm..
I believe one of the members here (Sugarglider_18) has a fascination with haunted houses...

I've personally never had any experience with a haunting. I'd probably start prying apart floorboards and walls in order to find a logical explination for it.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 2:10 pm

graywyvern wrote:
there's one in Jefferson, TX. we only heard later it was supposed to be haunted.

my wife & i had just sat down to a nice Italian dinner downstairs (we had booked a B&B elsewhere over the internet), when she suddenly got such a strange & overwhelming feeling she had to leave the table & go outside, & would not return to finish our meal.

i'm glad i'm not sensitive.

:? That's strange. Did she explain to you what made her do that?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Oct 2010, 8:12 pm

I assume a bed and breakfast can count in this question. I have stayed at the Eden Hall Mansion bed and breakfast in Xenia, Ohio a couple times---it is supposed to be haunted. I can attest to its claim.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 1:06 am

Well, I just got a phone call from the person whose house I stayed in last summer. I'm still on the fence about the whole ghosts thing until I can visit there again, but I'm starting to change my mind about paranormal abilities...

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 9:46 am

menintights wrote:
Well, I just got a phone call from the person whose house I stayed in last summer. I'm still on the fence about the whole ghosts thing until I can visit there again, but I'm starting to change my mind about paranormal abilities...

The person tell you that their house is haunted? What happens in their house?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 10:04 am

The place just got exorcised and the priest reportedly found at least 10 spirits, many of whom hung around all of my favorite spots (including the bed I slept in). They asked me if I ever felt or noticed certain things at a certain spot, but I wasn't particularly perceptive so I refrained from answering.

I wish I had been there for the exorcism, but as it is I'm still skeptical about spirits. But I was curious about the priest since he was purported to know things he couldn't have known, so I asked my former host to ask him to tell things about me (I live halfway around the world from him and we've never met), and the priest came up with a few things that can fit my situation depending on how you look at it. The wording is a bit generic and has been diluted by my host's own knowledge of me, though, so I'm going to have to wait till next summer to meet him and make up my mind where I stand on this issue.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 10:16 am

WOW 10 spirits. 8O It is scary and exciting to me.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 10:17 am

glider18 wrote:
I assume a bed and breakfast can count in this question. I have stayed at the Eden Hall Mansion bed and breakfast in Xenia, Ohio a couple times---it is supposed to be haunted. I can attest to its claim.

Sure. I think there is a B and B that is haunted and has been televised as well. Myrtles Plantation

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Oct 2010, 8:55 pm

One strange thing that happened to my oldest son and I at Eden Hall Mansion was in the Blue Room (Angel Room). We were scheduled to perform a magic show the following day, and I had all of my illusions in the room. It was kind of late and I was telling my son how the mansion had caught on fire around 1900 or so, and there was a picture of the house on fire in the hallway outside of our room (it had always been there). I took him out in the hallway, and it was not there. I thought the owners must have taken it down. Shortly later I had to go to the bathroom on the other side of the hallway, and the picture was there in plain view.

Another strange thing was the second night we stayed there---the night after our magic show. We had to move to the Red Room nearer the staircase at the end of the hallway. Around three in the morning I was awakened to the sound of a procession of rather noisy people out in the hallway. It sounded like there must have been a dozen or so people out there. I thought that it was strange because there were only three rented bedrooms on our second floor (and in the whole mansion for that matter), and that meant six guests at the most---and we were two of them---so that would have four guests that could have been out there. And there were only two owners on our floor. I heard the procession of people go down the stairs. They did not come back while I was awake. I used the bathroom and went back to bed. I was later reading about the mansion, and it said one of the most common hauntings there was the sound of a party of people walking down the hallway during the night.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 6:37 am

OOHHHH That B and B in Xenia OH does sound interesting.