Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 7:02 pm

The plans would be fowarded to the leaders and miliary for clearance and cooperation, and then my organisation could proceed to neutralize key media business members, including but not limited to Stefani Germanotta, The entire Bungie software team, Stephenie Meyer and Justin Beiber.

Germanotta would be considered a hard target, and saturation bombing would be required from the air force to ensure victory.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 7:04 pm

Permission to lead the offensive against Meyer, Captain Asmodeus? I'll make sure my men wear crosses and are armed with wooden stakes, and we'll eat garlic lasagna before the attack. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 7:24 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Permission to lead the offensive against Meyer, Captain Asmodeus? I'll make sure my men wear crosses and are armed with wooden stakes, and we'll eat garlic lasagna before the attack. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very well. UV flashbangs to be sure.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 10:54 pm

monsterland wrote:
After reading the OP, I can only say, "Awesomelyglorious" that, for your sake, I hope your nick refers to quality of your penis

HOW DID YOU KNOW???? :P

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 11:01 pm

BigK wrote:
I just don't find this funny or clever.

It really isn't. Really, it is just a response to notions of killing all Muslims with a counter-response focused on America. I really don't expect anybody to laugh at all. The idea of this is really so much of a cheap inversion that it isn't clever. I even admitted that I stole the idea from another poster.

Honestly, it is a good prelude to a talk on American foreign policy though, as well as the causes of American foreign policy to work the way it does.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 11:03 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Ancalagon wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
Ok, firstly you do realize that you're drawing dangerously close to being Echleon-tagged*

Quote:
*An Echleon tag is placed on certain names or keywords, and pulls up a red flag whenever it appears when the FBI is monitoring communications, such as telephone, internet, etc. If a certain number of tagged keywords comes up, the FBI will look into identifying the poster. For example, the name "Osama bin Laden" is most likely Echleon-tagged.

Do you really think that they wouldn't Echelon-tag 'Echelon-tagging'? Or 'FBI'? You already mentioned that 'Osama bin Laden' is likely tagged, and in saying so a 'red flag' should have been raised.

Yeah, but all that the tags to is to alert officials when that particular word is mentioned in electronic communication. Whether or not they choose to investigate it is decided on a case by case basis.

Oh, and concerning First Amendment rights, since I'm sure the issue will come up: the OP's would be considered outside the scope of the First Amendment, because it is adovcating overthrow of the government by violent means. Mine would be touching the line, as I did mention overthrowing the government, but also advocated for as little violence as possible. Besides, even with the First Amendment, America's black-ops tactics towards people suspected of threatening national security would still be a problem.

Actually, I think that my post will likely be a grey line issue. The reason being that while it is "something not to joke about", it also is clearly not serious, particularly given my follow-up on the matter. I don't think that anybody would prosecute though.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 11:08 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
Ancalagon wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
Ok, firstly you do realize that you're drawing dangerously close to being Echleon-tagged*

Quote:
*An Echleon tag is placed on certain names or keywords, and pulls up a red flag whenever it appears when the FBI is monitoring communications, such as telephone, internet, etc. If a certain number of tagged keywords comes up, the FBI will look into identifying the poster. For example, the name "Osama bin Laden" is most likely Echleon-tagged.

Do you really think that they wouldn't Echelon-tag 'Echelon-tagging'? Or 'FBI'? You already mentioned that 'Osama bin Laden' is likely tagged, and in saying so a 'red flag' should have been raised.

Yeah, but all that the tags to is to alert officials when that particular word is mentioned in electronic communication. Whether or not they choose to investigate it is decided on a case by case basis.

Oh, and concerning First Amendment rights, since I'm sure the issue will come up: the OP's would be considered outside the scope of the First Amendment, because it is adovcating overthrow of the government by violent means. Mine would be touching the line, as I did mention overthrowing the government, but also advocated for as little violence as possible. Besides, even with the First Amendment, America's black-ops tactics towards people suspected of threatening national security would still be a problem.

Actually, I think that my post will likely be a grey line issue. The reason being that while it is "something not to joke about", it also is clearly not serious, particularly given my follow-up on the matter. I don't think that anybody would prosecute though.

Point taken. If I were FBI I'd probably see this as just bitching and not an actual threat to national security, and the First Amendment gives you every right to b***h. :P But you're right, it is a grey line area and with America's current paranoid trend of throwing a burlap sack over the head of some random foreigner in another country and shoving him into a Black Hawk heli bound for an undisclosed location in god-knows-where, I'd be careful. They haven't been doing this to Americans, but it's only a matter of time.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 12:16 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Point taken. If I were FBI I'd probably see this as just bitching and not an actual threat to national security, and the First Amendment gives you every right to b***h. :P But you're right, it is a grey line area and with America's current paranoid trend of throwing a burlap sack over the head of some random foreigner in another country and shoving him into a Black Hawk heli bound for an undisclosed location in god-knows-where, I'd be careful. They haven't been doing this to Americans, but it's only a matter of time.

Heck, in this case, I am not even doing that. Rather, this is just an offshoot of PPR's debate over how much monitoring the forum needs. Frankly, I am doing this to express PPR's commitment to the universal equality of man. All people may be equally degraded! :P In all seriousness though, talk about the more toxic elements of US politics and the reasons behind problems with US foreign policy is something that I could appreciate.

Werecrocodile
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2010, 6:28 am

All humans should die a terrible and painful death.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 6:38 am

Getting rid of the Muslim religion, or even just getting rid of a single terrorist group, would do nothing in the long term. It's like patching security holes in software - new ones always pop up. And if you get rid of some terrorists, more will always be there to take their place. Why? Because it's in human nature for this s**t to happen - there will always be people willing to kill if they think they'll get something from it, or if they're convinced it's the right thing to do. Why? Because humans are f**ked.

Same goes for the American thing.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 7:59 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Ok, one poster, Hyperlexian, actually pointed out this idea:

"show me how the united states (and/or canada) has not been responsible for killing hundreds or thousands of innocent people all around the world in the name of war or other military actions. perhaps we ALL deserve to die for that, as much as ALL muslims are guilty because of 9/11?"

Now, this is an interesting idea, because part of the claim that Muslims should be eliminated for 9/11 often tends to be behavioral. That is that Islam is an inherently dangerous religion and that getting rid of it will make the world a better place. However, the US has had a very destructive foreign policy as well, and in the future may very well continue this destructive foreign policy. Is there a good utilitarian case for killing off large numbers of Americans, possibly even all Americans? (Note: if you only kill off most, the remaining number might seek revenge, or suffer extreme societal collapse causing major disintegration of important social norms) Even further, is American foreign policy an expression of the belligerence of the American people, elements of the ideology of America, or of the political framework that America exists in, such as its military power and large economy?

If you had the power to kill as many Americans as you want without their ability to seek revenge against you, then which Americans would you kill? How many Americans would you kill? What rationale would you use for killing the Americans that you did kill? How about if you were the leader of an anti-American private organization located outside of the US, rather than some seeming form of deity?

This is an odd question. Personally I do not think all muslims should die for 9/11. Similarly I do not think all Americans should die for going to war (if I did then I would have to say all British people die too). What I would like is for America and Britain to stop worrying about elsewhere in the world and concentrate efforts on rebuilding our own countries. I think America and Britain are in danger of imploding soon. Our populations are so divided and do not have the old attitudes of nationalism any more that we could easily kick off and start rioting. Because we are all thinking quite selfishly nowadays and I think general populations in our countries are getting angrier all the time. I reckon we are on short fuses. And although many people deny it I think we are all sick of our political direction (especially our economic direction) that we have lost the respect for our respective regimes and the politicians don't seem to realize how f*cked off we are. (Well thats how I think it is in Britain anyway)

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 8:07 am

BigK wrote:
I just don't find this funny or clever.

But hey, I'm from no sense of humour police state land. ;)

If you are bored with the Islamists I hear the Irish are on the move again.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11408758

What about the Basques
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7019931232

I am from no sense of humour police state land too. I reckon the new Irish threat was pointless in reporting on the news. So what if the Irish may plan more terrorist attacks on us. What the hell are ordinary people suppose to do about it in Britain? We are not even allowed to defend our own property never mind the land we happen to dwell on. If we get bombed we get bombed, being vigilant beforehand will not prevent it. They only told us because they want us to remain worried and anxious and they can't keep using the muslim threat as I think we are all getting fed up with hearing about it.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 9:02 am

I'm from Canada and I am disgusted to hear you suggest we should die along with the Americans.
Statistically Canadians are more tolerant than Americans when it comes to race, religion and sexual preferences. We might not agree with them, but it's not as big of a deal to us. But I'm glad to see someone has the guts to say how they feel about Americans. It's only because of my fear of getting reported or kicked off this site that I have to hold in my negative feelings every day. I will probably end up in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer and the digestive system of a 90-year old chain-smoking alcoholic because I am forced to hold in all my anger and frustration at Americans and their obnoxious behavior. Before 911 I was just disgusted at them for thinking Canada is still living in the 1700's and that we live in igloos and push dog sleds while hunting for blubber. Now I frequently DO wish they were dead. :x Well maybe not all of them... :(

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 9:22 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Before 911 I was just disgusted at them for thinking Canada is still living in the 1700's and that we live in igloos and push dog sleds while hunting for blubber.

You mean you don't? That's crazy!! ! :P

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 1:59 pm

*facepalm* *headdesk* (can these things be done simultaneously?)

OP: you forgot to quote my very next sentence, where i added that I DON'T BELIEVE THE STATEMENT TO BE TRUE.

it is still hate speech to state that all people of any group should be slaughtered. does not matter which group we are talking about.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 2:03 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm from Canada and I am disgusted to hear you suggest we should die along with the Americans.
Statistically Canadians are more tolerant than Americans when it comes to race, religion and sexual preferences. We might not agree with them, but it's not as big of a deal to us. But I'm glad to see someone has the guts to say how they feel about Americans. It's only because of my fear of getting reported or kicked off this site that I have to hold in my negative feelings every day. I will probably end up in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer and the digestive system of a 90-year old chain-smoking alcoholic because I am forced to hold in all my anger and frustration at Americans and their obnoxious behavior. Before 911 I was just disgusted at them for thinking Canada is still living in the 1700's and that we live in igloos and push dog sleds while hunting for blubber. Now I frequently DO wish they were dead. :x Well maybe not all of them... :(
see my post above.

i agree that canada is wayyyyyyy better, but we are not innocent. we have blood on our hands too. i lumped us all together to illustrate that we are not blameless.