Blue Jay

30 Sep 2010, 3:27 am

Can someone tell me abt ibs and is it common is aspies? X

Im unofficial diagnosis 144 out of 200

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 6:41 am

I think it's common in people who have preoblems with stress and anxiety, and people with AS are prone to those things so probably. But it's also common in normal people too.
I have IBS, and for me it means lots of erratic bowel movements and needing to go toilet a lot even if there's nothing there. And I sometimes get pains and stuff if it's bad enough, I usually get the symptoms in the morning. It tends to get worse when I have to go out somewhere, in the summer holidays my IBS rarely flarred up because I could relax at home, but on the day I went on a day trip I had really loose poo in the morning. So for me it's psychological mostly, I know I'm going out so my IBS starts up.
Is that the kind of information you were looking for?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 8:02 am

If you're diagnosed or suspecting IBS I suggest you try a diet without gluten if you can afford it. Celiac's is often misdiagnosed as IBS and Celiac's is somehow related to autism.

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2010, 8:07 am

I think I may have this or something simular :(

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 11:51 pm

Poridge is the answer

RomanceAnonimo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2010, 1:32 am

PatrickNeville wrote:
Poridge is the answer

I came to this conclusion some time ago but have a very hard time for some reason doing good things for myself (I call it oatmeal, pretty sure we are on the same page). I did eat for breakfast for an extended period and it really did help. Perhaps it wouldn't work for everyone, but it is worth a try. I am going to get myself to start up again.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 8:42 am

RomanceAnonimo wrote:
PatrickNeville wrote:
Poridge is the answer

I came to this conclusion some time ago but have a very hard time for some reason doing good things for myself (I call it oatmeal, pretty sure we are on the same page). I did eat for breakfast for an extended period and it really did help. Perhaps it wouldn't work for everyone, but it is worth a try. I am going to get myself to start up again.

Also try eating plenty of fruit and vege. The minerals are important to our bodies and minds and will have an impact on how our bodily functions "regulate". Couldnt think of a nicer way of putting it lol

pippilngstkngpr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Oct 2010, 4:14 am

When I was born and just a couple weeks old I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and have lived with it my whole life. I have the problem going to the bathroom not the opposite. I have gone weeks without going so yeah I def know how it is. But what I found has helped me was eating yoplus yogurt, it has probiotics which help you go. And I don't eat many bananas. I also use Aloe at time which help.