People wholive inthe parts ofthe world that aren't Australia

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 6:53 pm

Is it sunny where you are? If so, I want to go and live there.
I've just heard that it will be overcast where I am for most of this month.

Also, can someone tell me how to build/pilot a plane or a boat?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 7:17 pm

I live in Texas, and it's not sunny at the moment, given that it's evening. It's still pretty sunny during the daytime, though.

I couldn't tell you how to pilot a plane. You'll have to go ask somebody else. :roll:

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 7:54 pm

It's dry and sunny most of the time in southern California. The winters are extremely mild and the summers can get brutal at times if you aren't used to the heat.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 8:56 pm

You won't want to move here then. The winters are very overcast and dreary. The summers are very hot and sunny though... usually. This summer was actually quite cold compared to the way it usually is. It was like an extended spring.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 9:32 pm

Why don't you pack up and move to sunny sunny Queensl.....

Oh wait a minute :P

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 9:45 pm

blue_bean wrote:

Sunny sunny Queensland has been replaced by some horrible perpetually-overcast place. :(

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 10:29 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Is it sunny where you are? If so, I want to go and live there.
I've just heard that it will be overcast where I am for most of this month.

Also, can someone tell me how to build/pilot a plane or a boat?

Where are you located in Australia? Much of the continent is rather arid, so I guess you're somewhere on the east coast. I live in South Florida in the U.S. It's quite hot/humid/rainy six months per year (from May-Oct). The climate is similar to what you have in Queensland, but our cooler months (Nov-Apr) are probably colder and maybe drier, than most of Queensland. While we do get alot of rain from May-Oct, it usually comes in the form of torrential thunder storms which don't last long.

Overall...it's pretty sunny and during the cooler/drier months, it may not rain at all for weeks. The average high temp in our coldest month (Jan) is 76 degrees (Fahrenheit) and the low is about 56-57. The average high in our hottest month (July or August....depending on what part of S. Florida you're in) is about 91 and the average low is about 79. The climate during the six hotter/wetter months is very similar to that of Bangkok, Thailand year-round. In other words, it can be very uncomfortable as Bangkok is considered the hottest major city (at least of any city in the humid tropics/subtropics) in the world.

The cooler months are very pleasant and moderate usually, but it can actually get downright cold when a strong cold front moves down from Canada. Some winters we even get a few nights when it falls below freezing, but that's pretty uncommon.

I think Hawaii has the most equitable climate in the world. It rarely gets too hot and humid, nor does it get very cold in the winter.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 10:35 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

Sunny sunny Queensland has been replaced by some horrible perpetually-overcast place. :(

Well....much, if not all, of QL is considered a humid tropical/subtropical climate right? I suppose you're in the rainy season. I would love to live in OL, your coral reefs in the Indo-Pacific are much more beautiful than the ones we have here in the western hemisphere. Plus....you have some lovely tropical rainforests, saltwater crocodiles and some of the most beautiful parrot species in world :cheers:

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 11:07 pm

I wouldn't know. I haven't left the house since Thursday. It might've been sunny when I looked out the window today... but it's nighttime now.

NOT A DOCTOR

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 3:31 am

Horus wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

Well....much, if not all, of QL is considered a humid tropical/subtropical climate right? I suppose you're in the rainy season. I would love to live in OL, your coral reefs in the Indo-Pacific are much more beautiful than the ones we have here in the western hemisphere. Plus....you have some lovely tropical rainforests, saltwater crocodiles and some of the most beautiful parrot species in world :cheers:

Subtropical/tropical/temperate. Normally our rainy season starts in summer; it's spring now, so it seems to have started early.
The Great Barrier Reef and the rainforests are a fair way north of me, so I don't see them on a regular basis, but I have visited them before, and they are beautiful.
There are rainbow lorikeets where I live. They feed in the tree outside my window.
It's pretty good here, it's just that overcast weather has a rather bad effect on my brain- I get depressed to the point of being suicidal, and I can't think, concentrate or get started on anything.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 5:21 am

We are experiencing great weather here in South Africa.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Oct 2010, 6:14 am

Michigan is great. High of 60 degrees F today. Brutal winters. Brutal summers.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 7:04 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

How dreadfully true and I live in the far north...how awfully dreary...not many sunny days anymore... :cry:

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 7:07 am

It's rainy and miserable further south in NSW too. I had a nice drive back from the Hunter region earlier today in the on and off again pouring rain. In terms of driving I prefer cloudy and dreary over sunny road glare though.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 7:08 am

Why do you want to see the sun? Only the scottish have to worry about scurvy with their diet :lol:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 7:23 am

Laz wrote:
Why do you want to see the sun? Only the scottish have to worry about scurvy with their diet :lol:

Who_Am_I wrote:
overcast weather has a rather bad effect on my brain- I get depressed to the point of being suicidal, and I can't think, concentrate or get started on anything.

^ That's why.

I thought it was rickets that sunlight prevented.

blue_bean wrote:
It's rainy and miserable further south in NSW too. I had a nice drive back from the Hunter region earlier today in the on and off again pouring rain. In terms of driving I prefer cloudy and dreary over sunny road glare though.

That's understandable.
I don't drive, though, so I like sunlight.