Is there a single person in the world who shares my views?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 3:51 pm

Stellar wrote:
Well I pretty much share the same views. If two people really love and care about each other, I think they should work hard to save the relationship. Great things take work and time.

Yeah, I share the OP's views, too. I think its sad that honor and loyalty mean nothing these days. I don't have a partner, but if I did, she'd be my whole world. People do not seem to work hard at anything anymore, even relationships.

It may be my Aspieness showing, but I am only interested in having one girl.

JazzofLife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2011, 12:58 am

HopefulRomantic wrote:
During my divorce, I invested a lot of time thinking about core cerebral attributes I seek in a viable romantic match. I call them the Top 5. They are:
(1) Highly intelligent - bordering on brilliant (life smart and book smart, and the more intelligent, the more attractive they are)
(2) Passionate about life while still being compassionate about people (ethics)
(3) Tenacity - someone who hangs in there even when the going gets tough
(4) Trustworthiness and loyalty beyond reproach as evidenced by a proven track record of such decorum and behavior
(5) Self-awareness - probably the same as self- knowledge - someone who knows the good, the bad and the ugly about oneself

The ranking does not indicate importance, as I think all are equally important.

For my purposes, I choose to place as much emphasis (if not more) on personality and cerebral attributes than on physical attractiveness. Although I contend mutual physical attraction is essential for a successful romantic relationship in most cases, I firmly believe the required meeting of the minds and hearts is the delineating factor (even a dealbreaker) for the sustained longevity of a solid relationship.

In my personal experience, a person who you love, respect and admire can become stunningly gorgeous to you by sheer virtue of how you feel about them (and vice versa).

In an attempt to be crystal clear, by "total package" I mean perceiving someone as a combination of all their attributes - mental, spiritual and physical.

As a Hopeful Romantic, (and hopeful makes all the difference for me), I believe that love in all forms (family, friends, romantic, love of art, literature, whatever) makes life worth living.

Just my take on things!! And So It Goes said Vonnegut!

From reading some of your posts, I sense you do a lot of reflecting. You wrote, "For my purposes, I choose to place as much emphasis (if not more) on personality and cerebral attributes than on physical attractiveness. Although I contend mutual physical attraction is essential for a successful romantic relationship in most cases, I firmly believe the required meeting of the minds and hearts is the delineating factor (even a dealbreaker) for the sustained longevity of a solid relationship."

I wish more people think the way you do. I know, I know.. a lot of people talk about how there's got to be the physical attractiveness when first meeting someone - or else there's nothing. Let's be honest here...all it's about the four dimensions - body, mind, spirit, and heart. Anyone can be of terrific body, but what about the mind, spirit, and heart. Anyone can be of terrific mind, but what about the other things. Likewise, with the spirit and heart. I'm not implying everyone's got to be great at everything or else. But I will content that there's got to be a blend of some sort.

Dx'd with AS and AD/HD Combined in 2007

Interests: Music, great outdoors (beach/mountains), cooking/baking, philosophy, arts/sciences, reading, writing, sports, spirituality, Green, sus