It is a wise man who speaks only to seak the truth.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

oliverthered
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 6:18 am

Can you help me?

bit of an odd question prehaps,

How many of you are selfless, infact quite possibly can't 'directly' ask for anything yourself, unless under distress, and doing so, or even thinking about being 'selfish' or being forced to do something 'selfish' makes you flip out. like it's impossible to be selfish.

Looking at my whole language usage patterns, I use language in a way that I make statements and ask questions, but only respond to the desires of others.

Can ask for things directly, because I am self-less, I do not draw significant distinction between myself and others, and as a consequence when others are 'selfish' or appear to be, it can screw me up.

etc....

For instance, I was told that for disability discrimination to have happened I had to ask for a reasonable adjustment to be made for myself.

That thought was abarent to me, as I started to feel the emotions of everyone, that the perception of it being valid to be 'selfish' in relation to discrimination, to put yourself before others, would have.

The person receiving the form, accepting selfishness, so feeling it was OK to be selfish.
the people they were selfish to.
The thought that I may be selfish, in my desires.
etc.......

To me, that is not a reasonable thing. To ask me to do such a thing, or accept someone else doing it, would be discriminatory to my selfless nature and cause great distress.

I do not have the ability to be selfish, that is the disability I have.

oliverthered
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 6:19 am

opps...
'Can ask for things directly' should read 'Can't ask for things directly'

got to get that language s**t shorted out.

oliverthered
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 6:21 am

Is it that the person does not realise that the other person is different.
Or is it that they don't draw distinction between themselves, and whatever.

Subtle, but I realise that people are different, I just don't draw and distinction.

oliverthered
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 6:23 am

what does the other person think.

Well, without them telling me I don't actually know, they could be thinking that the aliens have landed and they have been taken to planet zog.