Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

blahbla
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2010, 4:26 pm

j0sh wrote:
I was really bad about chewing the clip-on part of pens in school. You know..plastic tab for clipping a pen to your shirt, or whatever. I would either bend/twist them off intentionally or get a free surprise treat after they broke off, from clipping them on my fingers too much. I would chew on the plastic until it was completely flattened out.

^^ MMM MMM MMM

The other, other, other white meat.

mmmm.... I wonder how the cashier at the grocery store will react when they notice my cart has no food. Just pens

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 5:35 pm

j0sh wrote:
I was really bad about chewing the clip-on part of pens in school. You know..plastic tab for clipping a pen to your shirt, or whatever. I would either bend/twist them off intentionally or get a free surprise treat after they broke off, from clipping them on my fingers too much. I would chew on the plastic until it was completely flattened out.

^^ MMM MMM MMM

Ya for sure, the pen cap is just a chew toy, I love chewing off the round thing at the end
and if it's like that one where the plastic is pretty soft I like to chew on the end til it is flat like you say.

maybe they could have an autistic commercial, how they are great entertainment/stims.

but I don't think the autistic community is a huge cash crop...maybe though.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 10:00 am

liveandletdie wrote:
Ya for sure, the pen cap is just a chew toy, I love chewing off the round thing at the end
and if it's like that one where the plastic is pretty soft I like to chew on the end til it is flat like you say.

maybe they could have an autistic commercial, how they are great entertainment/stims.

No, they'd have to sell them to a big pharmaceutical firm to market them in certified plasticiser-free, sterile one-shot packs, as "medication." Complete with a list of known side-effects, contra-indications, dosage limit warnings, and a disclaimer covering misuse.....that ought to get the price up. But it wouldn't be the same.

spudgun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2010, 1:27 pm

I chew on anything plastic; pens, bottle lids etc. and I naw on my fingers alot too.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 2:40 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
liveandletdie wrote:

No, they'd have to sell them to a big pharmaceutical firm to market them in certified plasticiser-free, sterile one-shot packs, as "medication." Complete with a list of known side-effects, contra-indications, dosage limit warnings, and a disclaimer covering misuse.....that ought to get the price up. But it wouldn't be the same.

which means fda approval oO and they'd need enough bribery money which I don't think they have...dang, so much for helping the pen companies out.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 12:07 am

j0sh wrote:

^^ MMM MMM MMM

LOL, I do that too! Pen caps are so yummy...there's something about the taste of that kind of plastic that I like :P

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2010, 8:52 am

I used to, and I still do it somewhat.

gwennie54321
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Oct 2010, 11:30 pm

i usually chew my fingernails or plastic bottle caps

ReallyGoodName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2010, 2:02 am

I chew on the inside of cheeks. It makes like a clicking sound that I enjoy. But only occasionally.

I scrape my lips a lot with my teeth..I like the feel and sound but sometimes I do it too much and my lips get sore or cut.

Joehotto101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Dec 2015, 3:51 pm

I love chewing on gristle from meat, and sometimes will chew on it long after finishing a steak. I know it sounds disgusting, but its what i do.

Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2015, 3:55 pm

I chew on a couple of spots on the inside of my lower lip, and as I've been doing that since early childhood, there are bumps there. It still irritates me that the one on the right is slightly more raised than the one on the left.

I used to chew on pens when I was at work, but eventually forced myself to stop after an unfortunate 'ink escapage' incident which left me with ink in and around my mouth - which I didn't catch until I happened to be in the bathroom washing my hands and noticed the stains.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 4:12 pm

Yup. Straws, my hair (when it was long), pens, pen caps, pencils, inside of my mouth. Not incessantly though.

Poor motivation

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 4:43 pm

As a kid I used to chew on pens/pencils. I've felt that I'm kind of "part puppy" too haha.

As an adult, I have developed a habit of biting my own hand in response to frustration. The pain acts as a kind of feedback mechanism that pushes back against the rage and somehow makes it better. But in the past year whenever I notice it I make sure not to do it though, because I have calluses all over my hands and it is neither good-looking nor healthy. I've looked for things to make chew-toys out of, and found a piece of rubber that works OK. Although maybe someday when there are brain-computer interfaces they will have devices that transmit the sensation of dull pain to the brain when you press a button, without needing to cause any actual damage to your body, in proportion to how hard you press--that would completely eliminate the compulsion to chew something.

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2015, 5:17 pm

Yep, I love chewing on things lol.

mewichigo
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Dec 2015, 9:39 pm

I chew on my hands, clothes. blankets, and any items near me. For the most part I consistently chew, mostly my hand though. However I hate chewing gum the texture freaks me out.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Dec 2015, 2:29 am

I used to put things like pens in my mouth but I did not chew on them.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition