Which people-groups are currently allowed to be hated?

Page 8 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Which people-groups are currently allowed to be hated?
Christians 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
"Fundies" 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
"Neocons" 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Whites 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Non-whites 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Men 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Women 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Adults 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Teens 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Children 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Infants 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Unborns 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Elderly 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
"Racists" 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
"Homophobes" 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
A combination of the above and more 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
Nobody *is* "allowed" to be hated, but hating some groups is often more socially acceptable than hating others. 33%  33%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 36

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 7:07 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
if there is a job to fill, and there are 2 equal candidates -

Then flip a coin.

ahh, i see that once again you have ignored my main point. i already explained in the comment itself as to why one candidate would be chosen over another, but you are disregarding that part.

In another thread you actually responded that some forms of racism are acceptable. I hope you don't mind me disregarding that one as well.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 7:43 pm

Here on Planet Earth nobody's putting a gun to my head to stop me from hating any group I choose.

What planet do you live on?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 7:51 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Here on Planet Earth nobody's putting a gun to my head to stop me from hating any group I choose.

What planet do you live on?

Gliese 581g

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 8:23 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Then flip a coin.

ahh, i see that once again you have ignored my main point. i already explained in the comment itself as to why one candidate would be chosen over another, but you are disregarding that part.

In another thread you actually responded that some forms of racism are acceptable. I hope you don't mind me disregarding that one as well.

and this would be called a distraction. you still ignored the answer i provided in the post that you sharply edited.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 10:46 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Then flip a coin.

and this would be called a distraction. you still ignored the answer i provided in the post that you sharply edited.

Righty-o. I'm sorry not to humor you further than to waste as few words as I feel compelled to by the little inklings of courtesy that haven't been completely drained by PPR.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 7:18 am

iamnotaparakeet, this is a good opportunity for you to reflect on whether you have actually BEEN courteous so far in PPR. i am not sure that you really value it here, yet if others come back at you with some of the same, you can't seem to handle it.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 1:49 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
iamnotaparakeet, this is a good opportunity for you to reflect on whether you have actually BEEN courteous so far in PPR. i am not sure that you really value it here, yet if others come back at you with some of the same, you can't seem to handle it.

The same could be said of you, do you realize that?

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 3:12 pm

Whichever is shown in the mass media in a negative light. It could be just about all of the above. =.= This is where generalizations stem from. =/

I wish it wasn't so. I've been able in recent years to speak with lots of different people without referring to slurs, and treat them as humans, which we all are (unless you truely are an alien from outer space, in which case i greet you and hope you enjoy your stay on Earth, don't feed the humans, they bite and kill. :p ).

edit : lol, i just read the above and see that Keet playfully presented himself as an alien without my self knowing beforehand, goes to show!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 5:14 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
The same could be said of you, do you realize that?
When did i say that i was courteous? i didn't. however, you asserted you still have inklings of courtesy, but i encourage you to reflect on whether that was actually true. you are proving my statement by the way.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 5:48 pm

phil777 wrote:
Whichever is shown in the mass media in a negative light. It could be just about all of the above. =.= This is where generalizations stem from. =/

I wish it wasn't so. I've been able in recent years to speak with lots of different people without referring to slurs, and treat them as humans, which we all are (unless you truely are an alien from outer space, in which case i greet you and hope you enjoy your stay on Earth, don't feed the humans, they bite and kill. :p ).

edit : lol, i just read the above and see that Keet playfully presented himself as an alien without my self knowing beforehand, goes to show!

:P :)

BTW, what do you think of the current remake of the series V?

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 10:01 am

I don't watch TV much, unless it's for news about actualities. =/

And obviously, if i do so, it's mostly during dinner at night, and mostly because my parents (who own the house, naturally) have the legitimate right to watch it, therefore imposing it on me. And they watch mostly french shows, so i doubt you'd enjoy talking about something you have little to no idea about. o.O

Wait, this is kind of what you asked me, isn't it ? ^^; and for the record, i have very little idea of what V is, but i might have a hunch...