Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Hollietheflower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2006, 6:13 pm

Do any of you ever feel like you don't know where you belong?
you don't know what your doing or where your going?
do you ever feel like your in a dream? i feel like this so often and it is awful because it is so upsetting and makes me feel depressed , actually before anyone of my spurts of depression , i have noticed i feel like this beforehand.
i feel like i don't know what to think, literally i feel like something has taken over my brain.
it is so obscure and so freightening ... i don't know what i'm doing, i don't know what to say , i don't understand any of my feelings and often these feelings and emotions are so strong , it is unbearable. i feel confused . and time seems to travel so much more faster when going through it. These kind of "phases" i often go through , don't happen everyday, but when they do happen, it can last up to 15 minutes and sometimes it can last for a day or days...
does anyone ever feel similar?
hollietheflower :oops:

Emoal6
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2006, 6:45 pm

I've felt this way before numerous times. Its like you say, not an everyday thing but it occurs and can be as long as a week or so and sometimes a few mins. Its disturbing to say the least. I've done some research but havent confirmed if it is a form of a seizure. Do you ever see spots like bright lights/stars over your vision of the world while this is happening?(I only ask because I myself sometimes suffer through this).

TijuanaLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2006, 7:02 pm

Hollietheflower wrote:
do you ever feel like your in a dream? i feel like this so often and it is awful because it is so upsetting and makes me feel depressed , actually before anyone of my spurts of depression , i have noticed i feel like this beforehand.
i feel like i don't know what to think, literally i feel like something has taken over my brain.
it is so obscure and so freightening ... i don't know what i'm doing, i don't know what to say , i don't understand any of my feelings and often these feelings and emotions are so strong , it is unbearable. i feel confused . and time seems to travel so much more faster when going through it. These kind of "phases" i often go through , don't happen everyday, but when they do happen, it can last up to 15 minutes and sometimes it can last for a day or days...

I second..its exaclty the same for me but it can last from 1min to even a day at rare occasions

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2006, 7:30 pm

Hollietheflower wrote:

I've had this happen to me before too. It always seems like my brain is stuck in the express lane of the freeway, but when this happens it feels like my brain has really gotten stuck in high gear and absolutely won't slow down. A friend of mine who saw me in this state once described it as being similar to a panic attack, although everything in my life was going great at the time.

Let me ask you something Hollie. Have you moved recently? Gotten a new job or lost a job? Has someone recently left your life (or has someone new entered it)? I ask, even if these things seem minor to you. I found a correlation between these "attacks" and these sorts of minor events (even the ones I consciously accepted and was okay with). I've theorized it has something to do with the autism and that whole factor of certain kinds of change being upsetting.

Lygophile
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 May 2006, 7:59 pm

Hollietheflower wrote:

I've been feeling a little bit like this for the past week or two, but it's not as strong a feeling as what you describe, just a slight feeling of detachment.

I have had issues with depression for some years, and like you I feel the same way before/during a depressive episode. Sometimes I'll just be going about my normal routine and something will just strike me a certain way and all of a sudden I'm in a detached dream-like state, and I think that you descibed it very well, in those moments I feel very much out-of-place in the world, like I don't know where I belong.

Personally, however, I don't see any of this as cause for great concern on my part. In these moments of detachment I often feel as if I can suddenly see the world without all the cumbersome associations and preconceptions we all carry around and I can see everything so much more clearly. My own experience may be completely different from yours, however.

Hollietheflower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2006, 1:04 pm

Let me ask you something Hollie. Have you moved recently? Gotten a new job or lost a job? Has someone recently left your life (or has someone new entered it)? I ask, even if these things seem minor to you. I found a correlation between these "attacks" and these sorts of minor events (even the ones I consciously accepted and was okay with). I've theorized it has something to do with the autism and that whole factor of certain kinds of change being upsetting.[/quote

Erm...well , they have been talks of moving house, but the only thing recently i can think is that some secrets, which are not very pleasent have come out in my family, but i have had these phases before
this happened.i can understand what your saying though,as these "minor" events happen when something significant happens e.g could be something that happens socially that i don't like. I kind of go deeper into my own world, to escape anything that bothers me , it takes my mind off things, so it is helpful in a sense , but in another sense it can get really surreal and scary.
hollie x

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2006, 3:26 pm

Hollietheflower wrote:

wow. I didn't actually know that others felt the same. I frequently experience what you are describing. Like a sudden feeling of stress, almost like an anxiety attac, only you can't relly analize your feelings when experiencing them. It's quite frightening; It's like you have no control of your own thoughts. I have had these "attacks" quite frequently over the last week; Sudden anxiety for no apparent reason. These episodes of mine lasts for about 5-15 minutes, and after this I feel perfectly fine. I have been under great stress lately; I'm going through a lot of routine change and stuff like that, and I haven't really noticed any feelings of stress (wich I usually do) – except for this anxiety. This has caused me to sleep walk a number of times as well.