Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which of these is most romantic?
Giving roses. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Cancelling plans to care for your violently ill boy/girlfriend instead. 87%  87%  [ 33 ]
Giving a personally written poem. 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 38

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 10:29 am

Long-term relationships are a lot of work, OP. It would probably be less of a hassle to learn to cook or just hire a housekeeper. Lol.

For what it's worth, I grew up in a household where traditional gender roles were switched and that seems to be more common nowadays. My late father (who very likely had undiagnosed Asperger's Syndrome) was a professional chef who loved to cook for the family, keep the home clean, garden and make fresh floral arrangements. My Mom took care of the finances and troubleshooting with anything tech-related and, as mean as this sounds, is sort of a slob.

Personally, I take after my father and actually find domestic-type things like cooking and gardening relaxing, but don't see anything wrong with swaping roles in a relationship, as long as it works and both parties are comfortable with it.

malewife
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2011, 7:59 pm

Yes we do exist. I am and I like being the person you describe. I'm very submissive in a relationship. When people hear this they instantly conjure up visions of whips, chains, pain and other kink. I have no desire to be abused and wish to be respected and appreciated for who I am. I think that anyone who could be be a male wife such as myself probably have a very strong feminine side. And yes I do feel comfortable in a skirt. If and when I marry I would hope that I get to speak the wife's traditional vows and sign the license on the wife's line. This way I can consider myself legally the wife.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 9:02 pm

i would make a terrible wife [or husband, for that matter]. but that doesn't mean that i need either one any less.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Jan 2011, 9:14 pm

malewife wrote:
Yes we do exist. I am and I like being the person you describe. I'm very submissive in a relationship. When people hear this they instantly conjure up visions of whips, chains, pain and other kink. I have no desire to be abused and wish to be respected and appreciated for who I am. I think that anyone who could be be a male wife such as myself probably have a very strong feminine side. And yes I do feel comfortable in a skirt. If and when I marry I would hope that I get to speak the wife's traditional vows and sign the license on the wife's line. This way I can consider myself legally the wife.

You know creating multiple accounts can get you banned right :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 9:46 pm

LK, what you need is a manservant like that guy on the show "The Nanny" or "Jeeves" from the old Wodehouse novels.

It doesn't even need to be a man. Sherlock Holmes had his landlady "Mrs Hudson" who cleaned his apartment, sent up meals and probably even washed his clothes.