Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 8:37 am

Did anyone watched the episode last night "Cracked"? I am confused about it.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

tourettebassist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2010, 10:27 am

What's the source of the confusion?

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 8:35 pm

The woman was running away from what appears to be someone. She thought she was being followed but then a bus hits her. She had weird colored eyes too and someone drew some formulas on her arms and part of her stomach. I didn't get this episode. Did the short hair blonde woman murder her and the boss? What's with this Mr K person? Why was Abby so into this murder? She wanted to solve this murder badly for some reason..

Thanks

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

tourettebassist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2010, 11:52 pm

For some reason I erased an hour's typing explaining the show to you. I will try to do it again tomorrow (it's real late and I'm tired and thats probably why I accidentally X'ed out the browser ,loosing everything I wrote.
Quickly, it was loosely based on the life of John Nash and the movie of his life, "A Beautiful Mind"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Beautifu ... %28film%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Forbes_Nash,_Jr.

CBS.com has put up "cracked" again on the web site and I know I'm going to watch it again on the computer, but I need to write all that back again I wrote you and it was fast paced and I can help you thru it. DANG IT.

Bob

tourettebassist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Oct 2010, 10:50 am

OK. Start again. though an explanation does not follow the chronology of the show. The girl was a scientist, and that was what was written on her body and in her room---formulas, theories, and such. Abby first found where she lived by deciphering a string of numbers in the crease of he inner arm. Abby, as a scientist, knew that all that gibberish was formula and that's what her true interest was in the murder. It's not that she was so anxious to solve it. She knew the girl was up to something big, saw a pattern, and wanted to know what it meant. That's why everyone was so impatient with Abby. She even told the boss, "you've never raised your voice at me ".
Late in the show, as they were looking thru the apartment, they found a metallic thermos looking thing that was attached to the water supply. They found this had a poison that came out whenever she took a shower (remember her routine each day was exactly the same) and I forget what the poison was, but it was said in the autopsy she was extremely dehydrated and the color or her eyes had changed. This apparently caused paranoia, and that was brought up by a NCIS who said that if she was on to something big, then she would be rich and powerful among other scientists. Now she had worked for a company who had a naval contract to develop "green" and efficient fuels for aircraft and boats, but the girl had been fired (When the boss and blond were talking early in the show), because the girl was too head-strong and independent. That's where all the formula came from and she herself wrote it on he body---notes taken at the spur of the moment kind of thing, and she also needed to get her work out of the company.Also, her extreme paranoia that the company was coming after her was kinda unfounded and that's why she acted so in the first scene. When she got to the corner, there was a red pedestrian light and she was so impatient that she jumped ahead and got killed.
Abby, in her quest to find answers went off and found the girls college science professor who really didn't say much but gave Abby a copy of Walt Whitman's poem, "leaves of Grass". Later, in the apartment, a schedule book showed up that said she was to meet Mr. W that day, in fact. So they went and talked with him, tho that part is rather vague for me, but Mr. W DID show up.
But it WAS the blond who killed the girl and the boss as she wanted to take the power in the corporation AND she was jealous of the girl and her work. Near the end of the show Abby was holding the Whitman book, and a data chip slid out. When they read it, it showed the fruits of the girls work, that she was able to find a process to turn junk bacteria and algae (they even mentioned e-coli) into cheap fuel. Abby was really freaking out at this point. but she had actually very little to do with solving the murder/accident, and was really interested in the science.
There was a few shot on the girls security camera that showed she had become paranoid, and a shot of her stumbling and out of her strict (Shower at 6:30, lunch at .....) the day before she died. Abby really respected her as a scientist. That's why there was that moment alone in the morgue with her.

We, you need to sit down, as I and watch the show again. It's on CBS.con and if you google cbs it's right at the top with a sub heading NCIS and when you go there, you'll see the episodes. They are usually posted 1 or 2 days after showing and are complete. Also try to rent "a beautiful mind" as it got a couple oscars and it'sd kind of a movie aspies can relate too. Nash was a schitzo, but he acts like an aspie too (I've seen live interview with him and when he received the Nobel prize.

I did a better job of this last night. It's first thing in the morn now and I'm a bit foggy, but I hope I brought up some important things you missed. It was very fast paced. I will see it too again.

Bob

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 11:10 am

Oh ok I thought the blonde was the killer. But how did she get to poison the boss?

tourettebassist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Oct 2010, 11:39 am

Yep, the greedy blond was the killer. I guess the bosses death was "irrelevant" to the plot other than she wanted his position. Remember, the girl used to be in the Navy (and still was in the reserves) so that's what brought NCIS in. The boss was just a 'civilian' and was out of the realm.

tourettebassist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Oct 2010, 11:42 am

By the way. I'm from Arlington originally, but moved away to Europe and eventually the Delaware beaches years ago, so I know Fairfax.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 12:39 pm

oh cool. :)
So this woman wasn't nuts at all. The poison made people think she was nuts. Her boss fired her? The blonde killer was jealous that's why she poisoned the woman. The blonde knew where the woman lived then. I may have to re watch it again. Some episodes are confusing. But I have to say the season opener was amazing. I wanted that woman to die so badly! She may not have killed Gibb's wife and daughter, but her father did. I was glad that Gibb's dad was ok. I'm just afraid though that the Mexican DOJ (Alejandro Rivera) will come after Gibbs for revenge. I thought it was funny! He killed his own sister by mistake thinking it was Gibbs, Mike Franks and Gibb's dad in the cabin. Always the season opener and season finale are the best right? I do hope NCIS doesn't get canceled. Mark Harmon is my dad's age! I love it when he smiles. He's got a great smile. I wonder if he is nice in person.

tourettebassist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Oct 2010, 4:49 pm

No the woman wasn't nuts but must have had an IQ way beyond the scale. I'd watch it again if I were you. I am cause I forgot what happened at Mr.W's. I guess I'm as old as Mark Harmon too, but I'm a late comer to the show and missed the premier then skipped the 2nd cause I missed the first. They said what the poison was but I forget . You do remember that thermos bottle thing? It made her paranoid,dehydrated and changed her eyes. I think the boss got it a different way as he showed no paranoia, but the paranoia may have came from her not wanting anyone to have the secrets-after-all, they fired her.

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 8:44 pm

What do you think of Abby in this eppy? There has been talk that she may have "issues", as they so charmingly put it.

Mercurial
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 12:19 am

I think they hinted at Abby being somehwat Aspie-like. She's sensitive and empathetic, but the world is "chaos" to her and overwhelming, so she turns to science to make order. They called her "obsessive" in this episode too. That was weird. I don't recall them ever calling her that prior.

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 11:32 am

Mercurial wrote:
I think they hinted at Abby being somehwat Aspie-like. She's sensitive and empathetic, but the world is "chaos" to her and overwhelming, so she turns to science to make order. They called her "obsessive" in this episode too. That was weird. I don't recall them ever calling her that prior.

I think they've had hinted at it earlier (the obsessiveness). She's always overworked, overcaffeinated, over everything... and she's never wrong. Never ever, not even she it seems she's wrong.

I also saw the "Abby's possibly Aspie or Aspie-like" aspect in this episode. As I said somewhere else, she could be an Aspie girl who has it "under control" because she's so smart and works in an extremely supportive environment.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 3:07 pm

Let me interrupt if you don't mind. I have only watched this show a few times and think their cases are contrived, but Abby may be the hottest thing on television. And does any other character on this show actually do anything? Seems like they all stand around waiting for Abby to solve the crime for them. Now, back to your discussion.

drools.

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 4:01 pm

sluice wrote:
Let me interrupt if you don't mind. I have only watched this show a few times and think their cases are contrived, but Abby may be the hottest thing on television. And does any other character on this show actually do anything? Seems like they all stand around waiting for Abby to solve the crime for them. Now, back to your discussion.

drools.

That's a very interesting point of view! No, they sometimes go and shoot people and all :P

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 8:09 am

Anyone saw "Enemies Foreign"? Nov 16th episode?