Late Night for the Sims 3-do you have it?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Oct 2010, 8:41 pm

After about 4 days I finally was able to play the newest expansion pack thanks to reading messages on the Sims 3 website. Some problems that I couldn't rectify by myself prevented me from using it.

Now that I have played it for about 30 minutes I don't know if I really like it. But I think it has something to do with being overly sensitive. Actually to the extent where there are LOTS of small things that bother me. I remember hearing people saying to me "Don't sweat the small stuff". My reply to that would be well everything is small stuff, and how do you know when something is big stuff. After 61 years I finally realize that what they were saying is that I shouldn't sweat anything. Still don't know how to do that.

About the game-there are celebrities, clubs, and bars. From what I've seen and my opinion is that there is a lot of drinking, and worshipping celebrities. I don't like either. I don't see anything special about any of these people who have their names on the covers of these gossip magazines, and I don't understand why so many people think they are beyond special. Just because someone is capable of acting in a movie doesn't mean that they are more important than someone else. Nor does it mean that people should take every word they say seriously or even care what they say. Why do people care about the personal relationships with Jolie, Pitt and Pitt's ex wife? Weird. Are there lives so boring that they need to hear about someone else's. I would think reading a good book would take care of that situation.

If you have the game let me know your opinion of it. Also do you post questions on the Sims 3 website in the forums?

Hope to hear from you.

irene

lazuruswolf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2010, 8:04 am

Hell no I would never buy that kind of self contrived fame fest crap. I can't stand it with celebrities are in the media more so the Brad-gelina and Aniston crap that is constantly is in the press. If people never read it and it never increased circulation figures it would not be published but because everyone not all of us has a view on others lives it is in the damn press! I don't get worshipping people at all who are well known unless and it is very rare that it is someone who has some truly amazing talent most of them don't and most of them have messed up lives due to the attention seeking attitudes they have.

So yeah that expansion pack sounds like a turn off and it's also bad from the point of view what was the motive apart from making money behind it with EA. Bad enough that kids innocence is being worn away more and more in the 21st century and is such a thing appropriate for a game that is played by some kids who are barely in their teens. I'll shut up but the whole I am famous because the fact I have/or lack talent really hacks me off. As for Paris Hilton don't go there with me..... :D

Airyx
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Oct 2010, 11:39 am

I got the game on the...28th I think. I haven't played that much yet, so none of my sims' are celebrities. And I kind of grew up with Sims, so I buy everything that comes out, regardless of whether I think it looks fun or not.
And just because I like the game it does not mean I worship celebrities. I just think it's fun to control someone else's life, create looks, houses and personalities. Plus I can let someone socially capable interact and find love and friends. Yes. I know I am tragical. Don't remind me. I just did myself.

Oddly...my simmies always gets this mood thing called "bindgalen" in Swedish, which basically means that they've stayed at home too much. xD

Uhm. In general. Late Night. Easily the best of the three expansion packs yet. I don't really like getting assignments of what to do since that's....that's not what the Sims is supposed to be about. Simulation driven Sims ftw. All these quests were blah.

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Oct 2010, 1:13 pm

The parts of the game I really like are: being able to decorate a home and creating the color scheme myself (I live in fifth wheel RV so that doesn't allow for changing furniture)
altering the colors of the clothes, seeing all the beautiful houses (never lived in one), getting a promotion easily on the job, making lots of money, pretending I have no problems getting along with people, and being able to succeed in a everything that I try to do including "working and playing well with others".

With the game I can set goals and usually I complete them which leaves me feeling quite satisfied. That is a rare situation for real life. My most recent goal for The Sims 3 is to use Create a World so that I would be able to have a world that I would be able to have the houses that I like, and of course the commercial buildings. I don't like in Bridgeport (new town for Late Night) that there are hardly any open spaces for houses, and there are few spaces available to add larger lots.

Lately I think I have become addicted to the game. It's a way with being with virtual people which is easier than being with real ones. Since I lost job in early May 2009 I socialize with really only one person, and speak to only 2 people on the phone. And one of them is the guy is live with who is also the one I socialize with. The other one is my mother who I find difficult to talk to. If I tell her I feel a bit depressed her answer is "Well snap out of it. Stop feeling that way." It's almost as though she thinks that I can instantly change and press the off button then everything will just be wunderbar. Yeah, sure Mom.

I am available at any time to discuss this game. One thing I am interested in is how people play it. Do they have their Sims behave the same as they do, or do they have become snobs, criminals, or just plain mean.

Bye for now. irene

Simsam114
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Nov 2010, 11:27 am

No. I've stopped getting suckered into buying expansion packs for The Sims.

graemespence1
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Nov 2010, 8:01 pm

to be honest i think late night is ok i think the apartment system could have being done better but overall a good expansion pack.
Usually what i do is that i will download the game first not the demo but a full copy and see if i like it cause demos never show the whole game just a interesting bit.
If i like the game i always end out buying it if i didnt i uninstalled it people may slag me down for saying i downloaded a game against the law but i have rules on that.
I never downloaded a game from a small indie company only big companys like EA games
and if i didnt like the game i got rid of it and deleted it though i'm a sucker for the sims cause every new pack i buy it lol.