Does anyone else LOVE really long hot showers?

Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Oct 2010, 7:19 pm

I do not like hot showers. I prefer cool showers. I find the hot water spraying on me painful and quite uncomfortable. When I was younger I usually took baths rather than showers, and I preferred warm to hot water.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 7:49 pm

I love the feeling of a hot shower! I often come up with creative ideas while I'm in there. I also like to talk to my imaginary friends since the thick walls and running water drown out (no pun intended) the sound of my voice.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Oct 2010, 8:16 pm

I'm going back for hot water fun shower activity #3 right now! :pig:

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 9:11 pm

I like it SUPER HOT aswell!! !! Red skin for me too. :-) The mirrors get foggy the wall damp. My parents hate it. LOL! I've been trying to cut back so it's not as bad but I like it super hot! :-) I tend to talk to myself in the shower a lot. :-)

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 9:36 pm

I love a hot shower like little else. I find them both soothing and ecstatic. I have very sensitive skin (not as in sensitive to soap, but sensitive to sensation), and the water feels amazing. I like to start with it warm and make it hotter and hotter. I hate feeling wet when I get out of the shower, though. The feeling of wet hair on my neck bothers me a lot, which is a big part of why I kept my hair so short until recently. And water dripping down my back. >_< I suppose I have an intense love/hate relationship with showering.

But it's not just showers. I find water very soothing in general, whether it's sitting in a tub or observing a creek.

Mosh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Oct 2010, 9:38 pm

I love hot showers as I find it relaxing and the only place I can think clearly, due to the soft sound of the water overplaying the ringing in my ears. I too sit/lie down in showers.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 11:36 pm

Same here, I wish my parents would have replaced our tank-type water heater for a Takagi/Rinnai/Rheem tankless so we don't run out of hot water.

I have to shower in the morning, it's how I "boot up" in the morning.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 9:43 am

Kaybee wrote:

But it's not just showers. I find water very soothing in general, whether it's sitting in a tub or observing a creek.

Me too. I also like sitting on a beach- (but NOT a crowded one)- at dusk, or on a quiet, overcast day- just watching/listening to the water.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 9:53 am

richardbenson wrote:
but the complete irony is i hate hot weather and the summer. :eew:

i love the bitter cold, and winter but not when it comes to hot showers!

Ha ha me too! I love winter and can't stand anything above 25°C (77°F), but I love my hot showers/baths.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 10:09 am

Ya, I love long hot showers. It's one of my biggest pleasures. And like some of you, I hate hot weather.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2010, 6:24 pm

Same here. I am a pretty clean person, but it's not really about that. It just seems to help me get my thoughts in order.

I feel bad doing it though; it's quite wasteful. Maybe I need to set something up to recirculate water?

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 8:22 pm

Morgana wrote:
Kaybee wrote:

Me too. I also like sitting on a beach- (but NOT a crowded one)- at dusk, or on a quiet, overcast day- just watching/listening to the water.

Likewise. I think my favorite time to do so is on a cool night. Very peaceful.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 10:33 pm

I was really into them as a kid. It felt like such a nice escape. Not so much anymore...

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

01 Nov 2010, 10:37 pm

i want to listen to this song while having hot water fun!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I&ob=av2e[/youtube]

:pig:

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 10:41 pm

Oh are you kidding I LOVE showers and totally get lost within while the water is running. I am not sure if anyone of you believe in reincarnation but I do, and for me it is real (and please respect my views as I will would always respect differing views) and I do get memories come through during those times. Another strange thing about the showers is that they don't bother me considering I do know in my last life I died in the Holocaust. But I know I blocked it out so it's no wonder showers do not phase me.

Mir

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 12:32 am

Hear hear. Hot showers are where it's at! I find it an effort to go and get a shower but once I'm in I don't wanna come out.

Whether it's an AS trait I don't know, maybe the ultra-cleanliness and isolation make it attractive