Page 3 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Chama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Nov 2010, 8:31 pm

I have a lot of clothes, but I guess I'll stick to a few outfits every couple of weeks. It's so much work to decide what to wear with what, and I might get stuck on a certain article of clothing I really like that week. Say, a lace skirt, then I'll wear it a few different ways four or five days that week. I've always done it, but honestly, I don't remember anyone ever saying anything to be about it or caring about it. I dress "differently" apparently, though, so that might have something to do with it. I wear a lot of gothic lolita and victorian, or just frilly skirts, and platform shoes, so maybe people just don't expect you to have tons of those kinds of items and don't care or notice if you repeatedly wear some of them.

I've honestly never thought about it before. I didn't know people noticed things like that...

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 10:06 pm

I have several of the same style of shirts and pants; the shirts are different colors. I wear one pair of pants and one shirt per day. It helps cut down on the annoyance of choices every morning.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 10:43 pm

My parents have purchased an abundance of clothes for me, but generally I always find myself wearing 1 of 3 outfits.

pekkla
Toucan
Toucan

03 Nov 2010, 1:01 am

Ne too--(the little kitty threw up on ny laptop and now a key or two won't work) : (

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 1:21 am

pekkla wrote:
Ne too--(the little kitty threw up on ny laptop and now a key or two won't work) : (

M Key I suspect.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 7:55 am

What's the point of changing clothes every day, anyway? It seems very wastefull to me.

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2010, 8:06 am

I wear the same style everyday. I have about 5 jeans 9 dress shirts and 4 undershirts i wear. I'll wear the same exact outfit for a few days, it's clean and all, but people found it weird that I wore the same pair of jeans 4 days ago.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 5:51 pm

Lecks wrote:
What's the point of changing clothes every day, anyway? It seems very wastefull to me.
Unless you've done nothing that day, you'll sweat in your clothes and they won't smell fresh within 1-2 days.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

glamourdollxoxo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Nov 2010, 6:13 pm

I love clothes and its never been a problem but I cant imagine wearing the same thing for more than one day minus sweat pants because I tend to sweat and they dont smell fresh after that so changing my clothes daily is a must.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 8:09 pm

Growing up I always got attached to certain outfits and I'd wear them over and over, every day until I out grew them and an adult insisted that I wear something else. I did the same thing in early adulthood though I'd get multiples of the same shirt so I could have a new one each day. Then I became completely absorbed in fashion history and now have a variety of clothes. Now it's the changing quality and getting weird pieces that interests me. Everything has to be perfectly comfortable, though.

leeloodallas
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2010, 12:47 am

I found the perfect fit and style for jeans at the Gap and bought 4 pairs. They're practically all I wear, save for 2 identical pairs of jeans I found on clearance about 4 years ago which I wore pretty much daily...still wear them. I wear jackets with everything. One or two I wear to bed sometimes and then wake up and wear it all day. All of the underwear I buy are the same exact style. It's hard for me to find clothes I like so when I do, I buy multiples if I can.

I used to get a lot of flack for wearing the same thing all the time, but now I really don't care. I honestly don't see the point in spending loads of money on clothes if you aren't going to put them to good use.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 12:51 am

Callista wrote:
Lecks wrote:
Unless you've done nothing that day, you'll sweat in your clothes and they won't smell fresh within 1-2 days.

my workout shirts from lululemon are immune to that issue thanks to silver nanofilaments in the fabric - I can wear them for a few days before I wash them, while they may not smell the wash water is DIRTY and smelly!

t55
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Nov 2010, 6:00 am

I pretty much just wear whatever is available to me.
I like my usual buttoned up shirts and khakis.
I usually will try to wear the same pair for a couple days.
So yeah. I'm different that way.
But I believe it merely to be more, efficient.
As opposed to eccentric motivations.

ParadoxalParadigm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2011, 5:09 pm

By my senior year in high school, I think I only had two pairs of pants.

Right now, I have about 5 pairs of pants, but one of them is for work, and another is the pair that I'll usually wear because I love it. The other three are worn SO unbelievably rarely. I wear the same clothes so much...I would wear the other two pairs, but my parents nag me all the time because they're covered in paint :[, and that kind of nagging is so unbelievably annoying that I would rather just not hear it in the first place.

If I buy a new clothing item, I'm so likely to wear it over and over that I just tell people, "I'm wearing the same **** today; don't judge me." Which just translates to: "I'm wearing the same **** today; get over it."

And I like it when my clothes smell good, but as a super busy college student, washing clothes becomes so relegated that I totally forget about it. They'll still smell good, but I tend to wash them if I run out of underwear...an act of desperation.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 5:39 pm

I actually own alot of clothes--- of course, quite a few of them resemble one another. But I only get to wear them on weekends and when i don't work. And during the week when I am working I DO wear the same few sets of scrubs every week. They are indeed comfortable and it's nice to know they all fit.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

18 Jan 2011, 5:43 pm

I currently regularly wear about three outfits. Okay, outfit is a strong word. I have three pairs of black jeans, and then three different shirts, and I rotate among them.

I don't mind wearing the same thing every day but other people seem to get weird about it no matter how clean they are, so I try to have some variety. Part of my problem with regards to this has been little money to buy clothes, but even when I've had a lot of clothes, I was still the same way.

That said, I do like to dress up for occasions, but I don't need a lot of different outfits for that.