Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SteamPowerDev
Toucan
Toucan

04 Nov 2010, 1:05 am

SuperApsie wrote:
Our brain is too fast, sometimes I notice that a letter in my mistake is from a remote word that I would have to type further in the sentence.

I do that too, sometimes it seems I type to fast for the computer to handle and it slows the appearance of the words on the screen. That's annoying since I look at the screen while I type instead of the keyboard.

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2010, 7:11 am

I also do this a lot both in typing and writing, I often find myself writing letters/words which are further along in my train of thought than the point at which I've written them down.

amber_missy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2010, 8:22 am

I find that my right-hand types slightly quicker than my left-hand, so when touch typing, I have to make sure that I get the letters in the right order... :P

I've never heard of anyone doing it while writing by hand, other than those with dyslexia. I would imagine it's worth getting that checked out - I believe if you are registered with dyslexia, you can get extra time in exams etc. if you're still at school / studying for fun...

mimsy123
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Nov 2010, 10:53 pm

Maolcolm wrote:
Yes I do this all the time too, when writing as well as when typing. I'm also mildly dyslexic and often have trouble making out the right order of numbers I am looking at, or if there are several zeros, for instance, I can't seem to tell easily how many there are.

Numbers give me trouble sometimes too, especially the zeros or any time a single digit is repeated several times in a row.

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Nov 2010, 3:33 am

I have a tendency to invert letters or flip them when I'm searching for keys when I'm not staring at my hands while typing. Like I have a huge tendency to mix the letters p, d, or b while typing. It gets very annoying at times :roll: It's kinda funny though because the keys on my keyboard are shown in Caps so P, D, and B look nothing alike. I'm not sure how I started this habit.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 7:41 am

Not sure.

I know I do it...not sure how often. Handwriting more than typing. In math, I've transposed numbers (transpose is the term you're thinking of). I also can do both at the same time. I go to say 74 and say 47, but if I'm writing, I write the number correctly while saying it wrong.

dreamwalker
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Nov 2010, 11:47 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
dreamwalker wrote:
Is this really an asoie thing?
I thought it was just a normal occurance when typing fast - I do that letter inversion very often.

Hence my bringing it up that it is worse when writing. If it were just typing too fast, would it manifest when writing as well?

We.., I don't do that letter inversion in my handwriting. What happens quite often, though, is that I write "withe" instead of "with the", or something like that. When a word ends with the same letter combination as the next words begins with, I usually combine these two.
Especially this "withe" is driving me nuts, because I do that almost every single time. It's annoying.