Does dating get harder for a women after 30?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 12:55 pm

nostromo wrote:
and it does get easier as a male, all of a sudden there are more women interested in you.

This does not correlate with my experience so far.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 2:36 pm

Chronos wrote:
I think a man's dating potential declines less with age. As my great grandmother used to say, "Men become distinguished, women get old".

I forget who said it but it stuck in my brain, perhaps there's a grain of truth in the exaggeration; "When men get old, they basically turn into Sean Connery. When women get old, they basically turn into Sean Connery."

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 4:25 pm

I met and married my husband while in my 30s.

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 8:34 pm

I was married in my 20's and 30's, so I can't really compare now to then as far as dating is concerned. But once I got past the post-divorce blues, I found that dating wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. Men approach me fairly regularly now, whereas they avoided me like the plague in the year or so after my divorce.

That says to me it's all about attitude. I evidently project a vibe now that says I'm available and I'm a fun date. My attitude is simple ... assuming a guy is not a complete whacko, I won't say "no" if he asks me out. True, that has resulted in some dates that weren't all that great, but also some where I've been pleasantly surprised.

So to answer the question ... no, dating hasn't gotten harder as I've gotten older.

Pantra
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2010, 7:09 pm

No. IME, 30's is a great time to be single for women... you still have your looks (if you had any to begin with), you're more experienced and confident and your dating pool, if you're open-minded enough to date younger or older, is still nice and big. I have experienced a harder time finding women friends my age to hang out with, since most of them seem pretty tied up with kids and husband. But dating-wise, I have as many opportunities as ever. My male friends over 30 have a harder time.

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

09 Nov 2010, 9:02 pm

I'm sorry - after 30 what? 8)

caissa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2010, 10:15 pm

It's probably bad to generalize, but sadly a lot probably depends on weight/ looks rather than age. Men will give lots of attention to beautiful women of all ages. I wish it weren't this way, but it's been my experience to see this.

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2010, 10:53 pm

CaroleTucson wrote:
I was married in my 20's and 30's, so I can't really compare now to then as far as dating is concerned. But once I got past the post-divorce blues, I found that dating wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. Men approach me fairly regularly now, whereas they avoided me like the plague in the year or so after my divorce.

That says to me it's all about attitude. I evidently project a vibe now that says I'm available and I'm a fun date. My attitude is simple ... assuming a guy is not a complete whacko, I won't say "no" if he asks me out. True, that has resulted in some dates that weren't all that great, but also some where I've been pleasantly surprised.

So to answer the question ... no, dating hasn't gotten harder as I've gotten older.

Agreed, the attitude is it. I've had no problem, plus I've had 2 marriages. I didn't have much problem after the divorces though. The only thing I find funny is that I felt better when I hit 40 than I did in my 30's. (45 now) Of course having neurotic husbands might've added to that. :wink:

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 2:26 pm

Desperation is generally considered unattractive no matter the sex. I will say how you look and weight does play a part as well, also whether or not you have children. Some people just have a harder time finding a partner for a variety of reasons, I don't think age plays much of a role.

I have to agree with the comment that it is harder to find female friends my own age, since they are tied up with relationships, work or kids. But I am finding that is the case with myself as well, I don't go out as often because of my career. The dating pool though is not really an issue.