NO MOTHER F**KING NO! I WILL F**KING KILL YOU ZAC EFRON!

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 9:24 pm

http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1132710p1.html
I WILL NOT LET YOU RAPE ONE OF THE GREATEST SCI-FI MOVIES EVER! I WILL KILL YOU! F**KING MURDER YOU!

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 9:31 pm

yeah, I hate that dude too.

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 9:49 pm

Zac Efron as Akira will probably end up like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI[/youtube]

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 10:01 pm

Don't know Akira, but it sounds very interesting.

Wait and see, but if that Zac boy starts singing oh help us Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 10:09 pm

Wallourdes wrote:

Wait and see, but if that Zac boy starts singing oh help us Flying Spaghetti Monster.

It's one of, if not the greatest science fiction movie of all time... A lot of people hate on it because it' an anime, but it's up there with Blade Runner is Science Fiction masterpieces.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 10:16 pm

Xenu wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:

It's one of, if not the greatest science fiction movie of all time... A lot of people hate on it because it' an anime, but it's up there with Blade Runner is Science Fiction masterpieces.

:o Definitely looking in it now, I think Blade Runner was very nice!

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 10:18 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
Xenu wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:

:o Definitely looking in it now, I think Blade Runner was very nice!

Okay awesome! Also be sure to watch the 2001 Redub (The one by Pioneer), the orignal dub from 98 while nostalgic for people who originally saw that isn't anywhere near as good as the 2001 redub.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 11:13 pm

I am not familiar of Akira myself, but I have heard of it. I do remember hearing a while back that there was rumours of Zac Efron playing Sagara Sousuke from Full Metal Panic, or Light Yagami from Death Note. Well what I mostly care about is if the actor can shake their teen heart throb character and actually act as a character.

Oh and hopefully the curse on live action anime being broken, I am also waiting for the Cowboy bebop, Akira is done properly there might be chance that other titles get their proper attention. *sigh*

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 11:46 pm

Xenu, calm down. For one thing, it is not wise to post death threats on the internet. Secondly, it was said that Efron was offered the role. Nothing on whether he has accepted it. Thirdly, when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman in the first Tim Burton film, everyone thought that he was going to turn it into a grotesque comedy. Well, in a way, that was how it turned out, but they thought that it was going to be camp and stupid.

On sabbatical...

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 3:49 am

I would venture to disagree with placing Akira in the realm of "science fiction" - science fantasy, perhaps, but since the McGuffin of the whole deal has to do with children being forced to develop (vague and undefined) "psychic powers" in an effort to either rekindle or stop the resurrection of the fabled Akira (the dialog isn't terribly clear on this point either), that's a fantasy story, even if the setting is a cyberpunk-style dystopian future.

Besides, wouldn't you enjoy watching Zac Efron undergoing everything that happens to Kaneda in that film? :)

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 9:23 pm

Xenu wrote:
http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1132710p1.html
I WILL NOT LET YOU RAPE ONE OF THE GREATEST SCI-FI MOVIES EVER! I WILL KILL YOU! F**KING MURDER YOU!

Dude, take a chill pill. For all you know the casting might change or it'll get stuck in development hell for eternity.

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 8:06 pm

I'm not sire if translation such a classic manga film to live-action is such a good idea. Didn't the Dragon Ball live-action film get pretty badly panned?

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 10:51 pm

I always get Zac Efron and Vas Deferens confused

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 11:45 am

Never cared much for Otomo's work. Felt the characters in the film version were underdeveloped, and that the plot was excuse for senseless acts of Mortal Kombat-style violence.
FINISH HER!
Speaking of characters, the titular psychic child-god was pretty awesome. He has this aura of mystique surrounding him at all times, and believe it or not, he actually has some lines in the manga. Wish Otomo could've let us delve into his head...

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Nov 2010, 2:53 pm

Why don't they spend the money making a CG version of AKIRA or a sequel? Why do they need to make it live-action. The original is amazing.

The former things have passed away."

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 7:33 pm

Meh, at least he's doing more serious roles instead of that highschool musical BS. He might turn out to be a pretty good actor when he's not doing disney.