Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Nerdykid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2011, 7:44 pm

I haven't be diagnosed so I don't really tell anyone about it but my boss has mentioned to me more then once that I am very confusing to him and he doesn't understand how sometimes things that should bother me have no effect on me at all but then I sometimes freak out about things that shouldn't bother me at all.

My point of view is the things he does that cause change mostly to my on off time which bothers me because I hate change in comparison to him or other employ's making fun of me because honestly I have dealt with it my whole life and unless I am by myself nit picking, I don't let it get to me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 4:14 am

I'm starting to think I can't give off stupid or weird vibes for the following reasons:-

1. I often get stopped by a car-driver and got asked for directions to somewhere nearby. If I gave off stupid or weird vibes, I don't think they would want to ask somebody who looks weird or stupid when there are plenty of other people about to ask. I wouldn't.

2. People wouldn't want their kids to stand next to me or sit next to me on the bus. The other day the bus was crowded, and a woman put her 2-year-old in the seat next to me, told him to stay there, and went to find a seat somewhere else. If I looked weird, she wouldn't have sat her baby next to me. (Just in case you don't know, parents in the UK have gotten very, very paranoid about their kid's safety and well-being these days).

3. Policemen never look at me weird or funny, and policemen around where I live are on to you like a tone of bricks if you look at all like you're on drugs, drunk, look dodgy or ''iffy'', whatever, in the daytime.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 4:21 am

Does it feel like they're burning holes in your back with their eyes? Or that they're plotting something? Thats how I feel all the time which is why I dislike leaving the house... :(

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 5:47 am

ScientistOfSound wrote:
Does it feel like they're burning holes in your back with their eyes? Or that they're plotting something? Thats how I feel all the time which is why I dislike leaving the house... :(

I feel like that all the time. But I start to wonder that perhaps everybody looks at everybody, so maybe it's not just because some of us give off vibes. Anyway, why would giving off vibes make people stare? I only stare at people who are intentionally doing something weird or freaky, not when they're just standing there looking normal and intentionally behaving normally.

Those points above explain how I might not give off vibes, that perhaps everybody gets looked at. Anyway, people can't just walk with their heads down all the time - they got to look ahead, and so perhaps their eyes just meet the next person's eyes, whoever they are.

But I still can't help getting paranoid. But my auntie (who is a ''typical'' NT and is into fashion and knows everything about weirdness and everything like that) once told me that people worry more about how they look than how others look.