When can you unfriend people from facebook?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 8:20 pm

I'm trying to figure out if/when you can get away with unfriending people from your facebook? I feel like I have a few too many "friends".

bubblygrl7
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Nov 2010, 8:38 pm

It's better to not bother a lot of people than to have a lot of people on your friends list. Delete all the people you feel like you'll never talk to. Keep all the people you feel like you have things in common with even if it makes you uncomfortable to keep them on your list. Unless they've bothered you in some way. You may strike up a conversation with these people in the future.

Countess
Toucan
Toucan

12 Nov 2010, 10:24 pm

Actually I think there is some ridiculous unfriending day on 11/17 which was suggested by a comedian. If you wait it will be less conspicuous.

Unfriend

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 11:02 pm

Actually, I just did that yesterday. Mainly a group of people whom I just want out of my life.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 4:59 am

If they have loads of friends themselves, I doubt they'll even notice anyway.

Andie09
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Nov 2010, 10:48 pm

Ugh, I am so bad about this! I go on unfriending sprees... What's worse is when someone ticks me off, the only way I know how to retaliate is to unfriend them. Even if I see them in rl all the time. I've had quite a few awkward re-adds. I never seem to learn.

Teung
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2010, 2:20 am

Obviously, you can unfriend them whenever you want. However, I'd say the best time to unfriend people are when you no longer like them or you rarely ever talk to them.

sharpteeth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2010, 12:02 pm

you can unfriend anyone you like for any reason. most people have so many friends on FB they won't notice. if they do, they might re-request, and then you can make a decision at that point.

if anybody is so ego-absorbed as to be offended by such an action, they really need a hobby, so the problem is theirs, not yours, if they are offended IMO

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 3:39 pm

Whenever you feel like it.

Leiservampir
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 7:36 am

If you want to unfriend them, unfriend them :)

Not long ago I unfriended my auntie on FB because she was annoying me, and I haven't had any crap, so if I can get away with unfriending family members, you can get away with unfriending friends! :P

But seriously, I have periods when I go through and unfriend all random people because I don't want everyone that have added me just because to see all my info and everything I think, so I say go for it, and if you get crap, ignore it. You have people you want as a friend on Facebook, there is no rule that you have to have people just because you know them or just because they want you to have them as a friend, that's why it's called a friend!

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 5:50 pm

I unfriend people all the time. I stick to people that I don't know, don't talk to anymore, or don't want to talk to anymore.

Shadowy-Chan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2010, 9:45 pm

I unfriended people when I either did not remember how they were added, or if they hadn't spoken to me since I added them.