Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ThatFoxAgain
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2010, 12:08 am

Hi there,

Although my mother and one or two doctors have said I might have AS or PDD-NOS, I consider myself neurotypical because I just don't have enough of the symptoms (although I did somewhat when I was younger). At any rate, not all of the doctors could agree and if I do have ASD, it's a marginal case.

My partner's another story.

After being with an Aspie partner for 5 years, I decided to join. Maybe someone on this board can help me help the one I love.

I was afraid at first that I'd just be greeted with "just accept him the way he is and don't try to change him," and completely rebuffed with no answers, but all that line of thinking did was leave me empty-handed.

I hope I can find some answers. He's an extremely talented guy with a lot to give the world, if he can just overcome some of his obstacles.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 2:12 am

Hello ThatFoxAgain and welcome to WrongPlanet :)

I hope you will find all the help you need here, myself I found this website only a few days ago, looking for help and advices for my stepson whom I think has AS, and I think it is a great place for sharing and be yourself.

Good luck :)

Shadi

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 5:22 am

Welcome aboard, I'm also a member in a relationship with an aspie and my experience has been more than awesome, half of the times I don't even consider him as an aspie and is such an incredibly talented person.

You are such a lucky person if its been a successful 5 years, just keep it up. :thumright:

- Mich.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 10:41 pm

Welcome, ThatFoxAgain, to the Wrong Planet forums.