media player or mp3 player with the best battery life

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 1:47 pm

ok now when i say battery life i don't mean how long it lasts on a single charge i want to know how many years it will last before the battery craps out from to many chargings.

for example i have a zen creative it use to last for weeks on a single charge now it bearly lasts a day i've had it for a couple years not to many. it's probably been 5 years since i last charged it or so.

basicly out of all media\mp3 players which one has a battery that lasts like 10 to 15 years.

1 i don't want a touch screen model god knows things with touch screens have no battery life.
2 it has to play video
3 the videos and music have to be easy to get on the device i don't want to have to convert my videos 1,000 times to get it on the device same with music

alex
Developer
Developer

13 Nov 2010, 1:49 pm

Pretty much all MP3 players have batteries that only last a couple years at most. Your best bet is to buy a new one every couple of years. You could also try looking for an MP3 player with the option to replace the battery.

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 8:38 pm

Like Alex said, most batteries don't last that long and no company makes MP3 players with replaceable batteries anymore. I would recommend, Cowon, iRiver, Sany and Samsung. They have the longest battery life of the MP3 player manufacturers and are also packed with more features than an iPod Touch.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 10:49 am

Give me a furtive option to replace the optical disc drive with something other than OneDrive for storing away media or an SD card that upgrades to your latest software device. I'm a penchant for the dusty drives and collaborative hardware manuals. :|

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2016, 5:43 am

My iphone 5s lasts really well for playing music. You can drop a CD into the computer and it will copy all the music to the iphone. The battery lasted me 21 months, then I replaced it for $20 myself.
I'm not sure about music videos. You can connect external speakers which help with saving battery life of phone.