08 Apr 2011, 1:46 pm

Introverted 100%
Sensing 84%
Thinking 84%
Judging 68%

ISTJ - The "Examiner"
Temperament: SJ (Protector)
Primary Function: Introverted Sensing
Population: 8.5% (10.5% male, 6.5% female)

"ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ."
- ISTJ Profile (TypeLogic)

"ISTJs are very loyal, faithful, and dependable. They place great importance on honesty and integrity. They are "good citizens" who can be depended on to do the right thing for their families and communities. While they generally take things very seriously, they also usually have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun - especially at family or work-related gatherings."

I voted INTP by mistake :-/ if some mod can correct this, please do :P.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 1:49 pm

Weird...ages ago I was INTJ , but I remember well that my % of N was low.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 3:43 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I voted INTP by mistake :-/ if some mod can correct this, please do :P.

No can do, sorry :-P

Maybe the next INTP who goes to vote can go ISTJ instead.

Neilsmommy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2011, 5:14 am

Do you guys think children can take the Myers Briggs?

My 8-year-old was diagnosed with A/S this week. I wonder how early the Myers Briggs personality test can be administered. It's fascinating that the majority who responded to this post were INTJs. Perhaps if I discovery my child's makeup, that will further help in my understanding of him and how to communicate with and help him.

Neilsmommy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2011, 5:29 am

Very interesting ... after my last post, I googled the question on whether kids can take the test. As a parent, you take the test on their behalf. It's abbreviated (They leave out Thinking/Feeling on it, which is interesting).

Based on my answers about him, he's an ENP. I'll have to look into this some more!

Thanks for this convo thread -- it was a really good one.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 7:02 am

Neilsmommy wrote:
Based on my answers about him, he's an ENP. I'll have to look into this some more!

You're missing a letter there, either F or T.

Neilsmommy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2011, 7:09 am

Hi there,
Actually ... no ... when they test children for this, the T and F are missing, because until age 13, children are unable to distinguish the preferences between thinking and feeling.

Even more interesting is that for children ages 2 to 4, they only score 2 letters -- E/I or S/N -- because younger children also are not to the level to distinguish J/P preferences.

Interesting stuff.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 7:39 am

Neilsmommy wrote:
Hi there,
Actually ... no ... when they test children for this, the T and F are missing, because until age 13, children are unable to distinguish the preferences between thinking and feeling.

Even more interesting is that for children ages 2 to 4, they only score 2 letters -- E/I or S/N -- because younger children also are not to the level to distinguish J/P preferences.

Interesting stuff.

I was unaware of that, that is kind of interesting. Thanks. I guess certain functions don't kick in until later development.

crouton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 12:37 pm

ENFJ or INFJ, usually.

catlover02
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jun 2011, 6:01 pm

What do all those words mean on the poll? How do I figure out which personality type I have?

Koko23
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jun 2011, 3:39 am

Fascinating stuff here. I took that test years ago and felt it was the best metric for personality. I could guess people I knew fairly well, which made me more confident in the validity of the test.

I've never seen so many INTJs in one place before. I've never had a friend who tested INTJ, although all 3 of my closest friends in life have been INTPs.

I was fairly close to being INTP, the numbers were roughly

I = 100
N = 75
T = 75
J = 20

GreatSphinx
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jul 2011, 2:02 am

INFJ here, although my J and P are only 2 percentages off, so sometimes I can test with a P instead. Just depends on how I read the questions.

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

01 Jul 2011, 1:58 pm

INTP here. It seems there's a lot of INTJ and INTPs on WP.

Akiba108
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2011, 10:42 pm

INTP was my last test result, but I get ISTP and ISTJ rather often, and here's why:
100% Introverted, 0% Extroverted
58% Intuitive, 42% Sensing
84% Thinking, 16% Feeling
53% Perceiving, 47% Judging

I'm on the borders of N/S, P/J.

My mood tends to affect the way I vote, but INTP is the most accurate description of me, ISTP a close second, and ISTJ barely sounds like me.

Koan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

INTJ (Almost INTP, which I have gotten other times)
Introverted (I) 84.38% Extroverted (E) 15.63%
Intuitive (N) 52.5% Sensing (S) 47.5%
Thinking (T) 60% Feeling (F) 40%
Judging (J) 55.56% Perceiving (P) 44.44%

Supposedly 2% of the population, but 40% of this poll - a 2000% difference. :)

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

Cristiano wrote:
A while ago I've taken a test that described greatly my own psychological characteristics. Around the same time I also found info concerning asperger. After reading a bit about asperger I thought it described me pretty well, even though at my age now (25) I got pretty well-resolved socially, as much as I could be in my opinion at least.

It turns out that the personality type I got in the test I mentioned is pretty rare (1.5% population) and so I thought there could be some relation between the two things. Actually I have even some doubt if I'm just an INTJ (which is the personality I got) wich has somewhat impaired social skills or really an asperger.

So I'm curious if other people with asperger would have some trend in that personality type. I wonder that at the very least they would be overall more introverted than extroverted?

The link of the test is this: "mypersonality . info" (had to post the link like this as I can't yet full links, sorry..)

Beyond my curiosity, I also think this test helped me greatly in understanding the nature of my own identity. I figured that although I belong to a rare "class", there is a class in which I fit and in that sense it made me more normal. Also knowing what type I am, there is a lot of info I could check in the internet about the expected difficulties that I should have and how to deal with them.

I hope some people get to do the test and post their results, and also that it helps you providing insights at your lifes. :)

I took a different assessment, and got ENTJ, but looking at the details, I just barely tipped the scales to the E side.