You ever feel like you were born in the wrong time?

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 7:21 am

As a Baby Boomer I was born at exactly the right time to enjoy the longest period of peace and prosperity and freedom that the world has ever seen.

Yes I saw the original Mickey Mouse Club and "Leave it to Beaver" on the TV.
I lived in a Midwestern town that was 99.9% white and totally safe for kids.

Then I lived in San Francisco during the golden hippie years. Right on the beach in the area called Sunset.
I drove a thumping great muscle car with a 450 cubic inch V8 but gas was only 25 cents a gallon.

Then I had the sense to move to Australia and marry an Australian.
Thank god for that because America and Europe are going downhill fast.

I live in a mud brick house in a rainforest just outside of Melbourne. All I can see from my windows are trees and ferns because three sides of my property back onto a National Park which can never be built out.

Yep, I have been very lucky.

sadalgerian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2010, 7:06 am

amanda952 wrote:
Descartes wrote:
Instead of being born in 1991, I sometimes wish that I could have been born in 1981 - that way, I could have come of age in the '90s while getting a taste of the '80s.

Me too, but for slightly different reasons. My siblings were all born the mid to late seventies & if I was born in 1981 I would be closer in age to them & my life might actually make more sense. Also, I've always had a lot of older friends & if I was born in 1981 I would be able to truly be friends with them. It would be nice because then I would be able to get along with people my own age better & perhaps I might even be happier too. Also, the 80s & 90s were pretty cool, I especially like the 90s & watch a lot of shows from that time period. Another time period I like is the 1960s, they had really good music back then & I've always really liked hippies. However, the only thing I'd miss if I was growing up then would be the internet. I love the internet.

no amanda i need you more little than me not older :?

sadalgerian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2010, 7:09 am

i like my age

and all age has a special sweet things and bad things

deadinhead
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 12:12 pm

I would have liked to have been born in 1970's instead of 1993.

COCONUT-MOON TURTLE!

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 5:30 pm

Sometimes, I wished I had been around at the time my great-grandparents were around to see what life was like ...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Dec 2010, 9:32 am

I feel like an anachronism. I have conservative traditional values that are all but extinct in today society least here in America. In the old days people got along & helped each other out instead fighting & trying to con & screw everyone else over.
I'm into SyFy some; I'm a big Star Trek fan & space exploration, meeting other races/cultures & working together with advance technology is really appealing to me.
I have some disabilities that it it very difficult for me to get a job but I think I would of had an easier time in the old days because the jobs were different. If I lived in the future; it's likely technology could help my disabilities & the jobs would be different as well.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition