Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ruudvandrago
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jun 2006, 4:30 pm

I want to ask you, how old members look to new ones in this forum. People with Asperger often say the truth and don't lie, even don't trying to escape from insult, so I believe, you could say your exact opinion. So, you see a new one. He/she don't know a lot of things here, and don't know how exactly he/she should behave. The reaction of the same people like him/her is very important. So he/she is very careful. How you could appreciate him/her?

Sundy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jun 2006, 4:43 pm

Behave how you want, don't insult anyone to be mean, and if you contribute, you're appreciated. New members are always cool. Post away!

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2006, 6:16 pm

welcome dude...just be as aspie as you wanna be..this is our planet, you will annoy some people and learn a lot, but dont be scared, were all aspies here

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2006, 9:06 pm

Just be yourself and most people will like you. :)

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 1:03 am

I just write from my perspective.

If you have something to say, then just say it. I treat all as equal, for the most part.

- Ray M -

wobbegong
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 1:44 am

A newbie - look a newbie. :twisted:

Um.

Consider some of us are just as frightened as you might be of writing something that gets misunderstood and drives away a potentially interesting person for good.

There are a few people who feel it is their job to correct all (self) perceived wrongs, and might post something aggressive, bossy or nasty, feel free to ignore them unless they have "moderator" next to their nickname.

Mostly we learn about each other and what to do in here by doing, asking questions, responding, telling stories etc.

So tell us a short story about what you'd like us to know about you. Tell us something you love about being aspie, tell us something you'd like to handle better, ask us for ideas, volunteer some of your own. It's all good.

:D

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 4:19 am

WP is different from elsewhere. You can say the wrong thing, and people will not jump on you, for the most part. Be thoughtful, logical but mostly, feel welcome.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 6:09 pm

i'm pretty nnew and the older members (usually) always treat me nicely

Oh and welcome btw

ruudvandrago

14 Jun 2006, 2:59 pm

OK, I think that I don't have AS (I have OCD). So I am different than the biggest part of this forum. But I believe that this theme helped for others who felt flustered. But it also helped me to understand the situation

wobbegong
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2006, 9:11 pm

ruudvandrago

It doesn't matter much to me if you are aspie or not. Sorry I misunderstood your first post to mean that you were. Everyone, even NT (Neurotypical / not aspie) people are welcome - so far as I know (I'm not a moderator). I guess abusive people aren't so welcome.

There is quite an overlap between aspie traits, OCD impulses, and perfectonism, so I'm sure we can learn from you and vice versa.

Post, read, enjoy and ignore the rude people :D

ruudvandrago

16 Jun 2006, 7:47 am

I think that I have suspended my OCD, but it sometimes shows. Despite this, I think that OCD caused some different features. It is hard to me to rememder some things, but also now I can analyze information better that in the past. So, I am not sure is it bad or good for me. In the past my life was horrible, but now it is better