Do you think you'll have it?
Yes 48%  48%  [ 10 ]
No 52%  52%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 21

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 1:54 am

I hope not. Fortunately I have no family history of Alzheimer's, dementia, or other severe memory problems.

stgiordanobruno
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2010, 6:39 am

No one in my family tree has had it to the best of my knowledge, so I assume I am probably safe.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 5:30 pm

My memory is shot and I get more low functioning all the time, grandparents had dementia but different types. Scared I'm not. I'm just so used to having a sharp brain I just assume it will stay like that and the issues I have are caused and can be fixed.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 5:42 pm

I seem to forget more and more on short-term but I am in quite a pickle for years and stress and problems eat away at my capacities.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 7:09 pm

FluffyDog wrote:
I don't think I will develop Alzheimer's, but I am fairly certain I will be developing some other kind of dementia in the far future. The reason for this is that my grandmother has dementia, but is not Alzheimer's. So we have certain genes in the family that make it more likely that I will develop dementia at some time in the future, but as far as I know we don't have the Alzheimer genes in the family.

Not that it will make an actual difference whether it is Alzheimer's or another form of dementia - the symptoms are pretty much the same... :(

One of my great grandfather's and my evil little grandmother has dementia and not Alzheimers. They both lived long lives. My grandfather was in his 90's and he developed it a few months before he died. My grandmother has some dementia and sometimes gets confused about things, she's 91 years old and nearing the end of her life.

I don't know about my father and his family, what their medical histories are, so I really can't say that I will probably get Alzheimer's. I would hate for that to happen to me and I would rather be dead than to have to stay in some nursing home, lingering and confused until I die. I believe if I found out and still had moments of lucidity, then I would kill myself before I became so out of it, I wasn't me anymore. That way my children could process it and get on with their lives.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.