Do you wish you were never born? Do you think about suicide

Page 5 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you wish you were never born and/or think about suicide?
yes, often. 58%  58%  [ 138 ]
no (or seldom) 42%  42%  [ 101 ]
Total votes : 239

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 5:20 pm

No, but my mother told me that if she had her way she wouldn't had us twins.

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2012, 6:40 pm

The first time I remember thinking that I didn't want to be alive anymore was at the age of 5.
When I was a younger, every-time I heard about someone (nearly) dying, or that you could die by doing this or that, I kept thinking about doing it to myself, whether it be throwing myself down the stairs, or poising myself with deodorant.

Lilblizzy
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jan 2015, 12:17 pm

Several times per day, I wish that I was never born. I wish that I was dead more than that. I have tried to commit suicide 16 times. I know that my 17th attempt will be successful. I will approach my last and final suicide attempt in the same manner that I approached my weight loss. I am going to use a combination of methods to get the desired result.

No one asks or even gets a say so in their birth, dna, biology, etc. but I resent my existence and I hate when members of the mental health community feel the need to interfere as if they are somehow going to step in and fix all of the things in my life that I hate.

I've spend my entire life trying to 'fix' s**t that will never change. I've done everything that I could do to make my existence better and nothing works. It's pointless to even continue to try.

I resent God for allowing my biologicals (to some 'family') to even meet and procreate. I believe that my creation is the most unnatural thing ever. I hate being me. I hate being black. I hate this existence that I am trapped in. I want out of here!

I can't wait to die.

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 1:30 am

Every day for now. I found no reasons neither for living in this society nor for hermit life.
Life is difficult in both these ways but what's the prize for overcoming the troubles? Nothing.
Damn, I wish I have pistol but in my country they are prohibited.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 3:38 am

If I had a dollar for every time I thought about suicide, I would be raking in a tidy living. :?

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 3:50 am

I do, and I think my parents would have been better off without me.

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2015, 6:40 am

Yes, those thoughts have drifted in and out of my head periodically since I was a teenager. I don't believe I will ever attempt suicide--I'm much too scared to try anything and I know how it would hurt my family. But as for wishing I wasn't born, that occurs to me almost every day.

My parents were not emotionally ready to have a normal child, much less one with ASD. A control freak mother, a father with no self-control--do the math on that one. It wasn't a good environment. I don't know why they thought they could raise two happy children with the relationship they had. The whole thing was flawed from the start. I wish they had waited, or just never married at all. I feel like I was just abandoned here in a frightening and ugly world that doesn't want me, a burden on everyone I associate with. The guilt and loneliness never go away.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 8:48 am

Cannot really say I wish I was never born...but I have attempted suicide and have come close a couple times since than, but usually its more just suicidal ideation without a specific plan to act. I guess life just gets too painful sometimes a lot of times I feel like avoiding potentially bad experiences because of being afraid it will drive me to act on some suicidal thought...or I worry about getting too stressed. I don't really have like a longing to die feeling sort of difficult to explain I suppose

ylevental
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2015, 1:48 pm

Well, no, but I'm sure that my life could be a lot better if I could think more clearly.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jan 2015, 7:57 pm

I used to be I don't anymore now that my depression is better & I'm more functional.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

wblastyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 8:18 pm

I have attempted suicide in the past, yes and still get suicidal thoughts from time to time. Once something triggers my anxiety, those things that I can usually cope with start to get to me. I sometimes worry about what my life will be like when my parents die, I rely on them for support and company. I have some friends but I don't feel as close to them as I do my parents. I've considered waiting until my parents are dead, then taking a trip around the world to see all there is to see, before finally killing myself. That way I don't have to be miserable and my parents don't have to suffer my death, my sister probably will but she has her husband for support. Suicidal thinking sometimes makes feel better because it means there is actually a way to escape an apparently inescapable situation. It may not be the popular opinion but I think people have a right to end their suffering through suicide.

bearded1
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2015, 8:23 pm

I attempted suicide in May of lat year. I swallowed enough pills to put me out and it did. My wife happened to walk in on me as I dropped. After 2 days on life support and a week in lockdown I got back home. I am still recovering from that and pray I never attempt again. It is a wonder I am still here. Nothing has ever felt like the feeling when I woke up and my wife and family were there. If any moment I wish I were dead it would have been at that moment!

Screenager
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jan 2015, 3:17 pm

I often feel very depressed in the evenings. In the day I'll be fine and life is decent, but then later my stress/anxiety tends to take over and my thoughts darken. I've had one almost suicide attempt in my life (4 years ago) but, ironically, that was what ended up saving my life. I became an outpatient at a psychiatric hospital and received my diagnosis a few months later.

Anyway I'm so much better now, but I don't think the thoughts life is too hard and I don't want to live will ever completely go away. I have no plans to kill myself, but I really wish those thoughts would be less present.

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2015, 6:18 pm

God made me this way

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 8:22 pm

Back at my worst year of my life, I did thought of it once. Just once I had wished it. Because asking 'whys' doesn't always work, and nothing made any sense that time.

But in random miserable occasions, I do get curious what would it be if I never did exist at all... Imagining how would my family's and friends' life become if I was never born.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 10:02 pm

I think of my mom, my grandma, my dad, other family members, friends I've had at some point... and I feel like suicide would be betraying all of them. Also I have moments where I'm happy. Where I can appreciate the beauty in life.

But I'd be lying to say I don't have countless times where I feel utterly inferior, spiraling into self-hate, wishing something so pathetic and worthless as myself didn't have to exist. Pretty much every day I feel this way for some amount of time. Like I don't belong anywhere. Other people know how to. They know how to belong. I don't. I don't know how to share myself with others. Nor was I given the ability to do so. I can't express myself. I can't be a whole person. Sometimes I feel so broken that I wish I was dead. All I do is complicate and ruin. I can't handle anything. All of it overwhelms me. I'm terrified of this world. This isn't a world for broken toys. Sometimes I want to throw myself away before they can. But I won't. Only for my family and the chance that someday things will get better.