Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 1:13 am

america is, by and large, too large and spread out for every place to have practical public transport. the only solution would be if everybody lived in large cities, and left the countryside for it to go back to nature.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 4:24 pm

Dilbert wrote:
Americans are most passionate about the following: cars, football, alcohol, fatty foods, religion, money, social status, sex.

Cars and money? ;) There ya go - something we can do today. Gas prices of $6 a gallon would force more people to walk or ride a bike.

blah blah, bad lifestyles.

Seriously you want to come into a topic by Pistonhead to talk about how cars are bad for us? Give me a break, most of the fat people I know drive SUVs, BIG luxury cars or can't afford a car. Anyone I know who is ENTHUSIASTIC about CARS is rail skinny. (with the exception of Brian)

My friend Aaron, drives the fastest Maxima out there, dude weighs 130lbs.
My friend Zack, weighed 160lbs when he had no job and did practically nothing all day.
My friend Josh, don't know his weight but he's thinner than me
My friend Cameron, skinny as hell also.
Jon and his wife Niki, good shape as well.

Tell a fat dude to floorpress a T56, 71C, 30A, TH350, 6L80, or whatever transmission you want and he won't even know what the hell you are talking about.

When I go to the race track there isn't a fat person to be seen around a car. Up in the stands yes but lined up is nothing but rail thin dudes.

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 5:08 pm

America should have a food policy that made the price of healthy foods lower. Today it is cheaper to buy fast food than healthy meals and it should be the other way.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 12:31 am

Mackica wrote:
sgrannel wrote:
At 20% one can infer that Hawaiians have no trouble finding a piggy for the luau. Oink oink oink!

Actually I live in Hawai'i: a large percentage of the Native Hawai'ian population have not gone through college, so they do not have well paying jobs, unemployment and alcohol and drug abuse are a big problem here,as well as diabetes. What's the food that everyone can afford? FAST FOOD. Come visit here first then judge, if you even try to.
And also you need a license or something to hunt a pig.

What about long pig?

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

MaybeMars
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Dec 2010, 12:20 pm

sluice wrote:
I think when everybody decided to quit smoking they started stuffing donuts down their gullets instead. I guess people have decided to die from something else. Then again, I have never been anywhere near my target weight in that ideal body weight chart, even when I was in great shape.

A Dr. told me that you have to be 100 pounds overweight to equal the negative health effects of being normal weight and a smoker. True? Don't know, but it sounds about right.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 5:13 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WikiRRM.jpg

A doubling of relative morality risk at BMI = 35 corresponds to a weight of about 70 pounds over the "overweight" limit for my height group. I'm not sure how this translates into equivalent risk from smoking. It appears that substantial additional risk of death occurs long before 100 pounds overweight.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong