Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 6:41 pm

I called my immediate family and left a message with my Dad and they called me later today. He told me over the phone how they were doing and won a cruise. I have a mom, ( who no one gets along with) my dad, and two sisters. I moved away 7 and a half years ago and I have not seem my mom in 5 years. They told me that my Dad, Mom, and my younger sister are going but the youngest could not go due to them not being able to afford her tickets.

I mean, I feel like the middle child gets treated better than either of us and usually gets away with everything and gets everything while my dad claims he has no money for my youngest sister. He has even told her that he wished that she had never been born and I am so angry about that. My mom recently told me that she didn't love me and so I was not too interested in talking to her right now because I know she is toxic.

My mom did pick up the phone when I knew that it wasn't a good idea and she forced herself to the phone anyway. I told her that I couldn't talk too long and gave her an excuse that my battery is dying and that it was a weekday and it would use up my minutes. I also was cordial in the beginning and I tried to congratulate her on the cruise. She was very negative about the whole idea. I told her that she should go. She then had an attitude and said, "Why?" I replied with "Because it will get your fat ass out of the house." She got mad and said, "That wasn't very nice." I replied back and said, "I'm sorry fat cat." She then tried to talk down to me as if I were a child. So I hung up.

Does anyone else have a parent who acts like that?

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 6:51 pm

My whole family acts like that. This is fresh in my mind since I came back from Thanksgiving. I would go into detail, but then I would sound like a mope monster. I don't want to be a martyr, I just want them to shut up and leave me alone, and I have to be really nasty to achieve this (which of course earns their ire). You wouldn't know they were my family unless I told you.

My mother has a sister that has some sort of southern accent and looks like a homeless person, and you would NEVER EVER guess they were sisters, even if they told you. Looking at a neat well to do redhead with nice clothes and not a very distinct American accent (everyone has an accent you know) versus...this creature from the lagoon with scraggly hair and bad teeth and rough looking skin?

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 7:37 pm

How does your aunt treat you?

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 6:33 pm

Miyah wrote:
I told her that she should go. She then had an attitude and said, "Why?" I replied with "Because it will get your fat ass out of the house." She got mad and said, "That wasn't very nice." I replied back and said, "I'm sorry fat cat."

I don't know what your family is really like and they may very well be just as you've described, but this part made me think maybe it's not so much them as it is you. Although I do also recall you posting the "catty women" thread a while ago in the women's forum where you told a story about you behaving rudely to women you (mistakenly) believed to have been rude to you.

Maybe you should stop assuming the worst in everyone and be a little nicer?

Alex_M
Raven
Raven

29 Nov 2010, 10:50 pm

menintights wrote:
Miyah wrote:
I told her that she should go. She then had an attitude and said, "Why?" I replied with "Because it will get your fat ass out of the house." She got mad and said, "That wasn't very nice." I replied back and said, "I'm sorry fat cat."

I don't know what your family is really like and they may very well be just as you've described, but this part made me think maybe it's not so much them as it is you. Although I do also recall you posting the "catty women" thread a while ago in the women's forum where you told a story about you behaving rudely to women you (mistakenly) believed to have been rude to you.

Maybe you should stop assuming the worst in everyone and be a little nicer?

Maybe you should stop assuming that you know exactly what other folks are going through with complex family situations.

Miyah, I am sorry to hear that this is going on. I know it doesn't help your situation, but I understand what it's like to be an Aspie with the usual communication/social cues reading problems, dealing with family who have their own hangups and mental health issues.